Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problems with launching C1

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Herefordian
Weather Station: Instromet Climatica
Operating System: Windows 10

Problems with launching C1

Post by Herefordian »

Following problems with launch of CMX I downloaded and installed C1. Perfect; data loaded after configuration. Why can I not maximise after minimising [doing other things on PC]. Shutting down PC and and rebooting allows relaunch of C1 then same problem. I notice that the blue light of my USB connected data logger is still flashing. So data seems to be updating continuously.
Can any one help?
Tony :?:
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Problems with launching C1

Post by water01 »

Cumulus 1 is no longer supported, so the only thing I can suggest is that it is a Windows 10 problem, as believe when I last used it on Windows XP many years ago it minimised/maximised perfectly OK.

What was the problem with CumulusMX as it runs perfectly on Windows 10.
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I have continued to run Cumulus 1 on my old Acer Windows 8 PC with Davis Envoy and USB logger, and that just keeps on chugging along.
I also run CumulusMX on a Windows10 PC and that works great with either a Davis Vue console/WiFiLogger and Davis WLL.

I had also in the past used Cumulus 1 on the Windows 10 PC with the Davis Vue console/WiFiLogger and that worked fine but couldn't recall on the minimize/maximize.

I have just now stopped CumulusMX on the Windows10 PC and started Cumulus 1 and that works well. Took a long time to download historical from the logger but it all downloaded. C1 works well, I can minimize the main console screen and then maximize as often as I want, no issue. Since it works on my Windows10 I don't know why it doesn't on yours.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

You appear to have two posts, one querying running Cumulus 1 and the other CumulusMX. You cannot run both at the same time with one weatherstation as this cause whichever program got attached first to block access to the other.

As you appear to have had CumulusMX running first I would continue to run that as you will lose data when running Cumulus 1.
David
Herefordian
Weather Station: Instromet Climatica
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Herefordian »

Many thanks to you both. Will report back when problem resolved.
Tony