Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Moon image update

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Moon image update

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Recently we had a conversation about a faulty moon image on my website which was apparently not updating properly on either my phone or other peoples access to my website but seemed to work fine on my pc. I believe there was a caching issue which I had to clear on my phone fairly regularly.

The moon image was generated in CMX and sent by standard FTP to my CUtils website in the normal manner with an hourly reset.

After a bit of thinking about the problem I changed the standard way the image was transferred from CMX from FTP to COPY and sent the file to a webfile directory on my RPi. This copied image is then transferred to the website using the CMX Extra web files process which transfers data every 15 mins, a bit quick for a slowly changing Moon image but it works.

Now when I look at the website file in FileZilla I can see the moon image is updating every 15 mins and hopefully the issues you were having will be gone away.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Moon image update

Post by HansR »

Out today, i'll check tonight.
Seems strange though 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3