Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

(Note that 4.1.0 (build 4024) - 05 June 2024 remains available, but usage of this version is not recommended - particularly for Davis stations - and the included utility in this distribution for migrating to v4 is known to contain errors affecting conversion of dayfile.txt)

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Change to daylight saving hours

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Change to daylight saving hours

Post by mcrossley »

Cross posted with @freddie...
RayProudfoot wrote: Thu 31 Mar 2022 11:28 pm
sfws wrote: Thu 31 Mar 2022 10:26 pm Ray,
I think you are missing the point of the topic, so not understanding Mark's reply.
This topic is about running Cumulus software in a way that avoids the missing hour at winter to summer changeover and eliminates the duplicated hour at summer to winter switchover.
Sure Raspberry Pi computers can operate with winter and summer time, just like your pc and the clocks in your house. But Mark is stressing how cheap they are to run compared to your XP pc, and how popular it is to use them without using the daylight saving option.
I was just responding to Mark’s comment that everyone runs their computer on GMT.
Ray, I meant everyone that uses UTC (or a fixed TZ) all year round because they want to avoid the clock change issues.

I can see that these people would not their main household computer locked to UTC say, so the suggestion to run Cumulus on a rPi that you can dedicate to your weather data, leave running 24x7 cheaply, and configure it for a fixed TZ with no DST changes.
access-mdb
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Raspbian OS

Post by access-mdb »

It's OK. As the OP I understood what you were saying. I just wish there was a list of recommended Raspberry Pi kits which could be put together with a Noddy guide. And where I could get them!
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 01 Apr 2022 2:35 pm Cross posted with @freddie...

Ray, I meant everyone that uses UTC (or a fixed TZ) all year round because they want to avoid the clock change issues.

I can see that these people would not their main household computer locked to UTC say, so the suggestion to run Cumulus on a rPi that you can dedicate to your weather data, leave running 24x7 cheaply, and configure it for a fixed TZ with no DST changes.
Understood Mark. I have a dedicated netbook used solely for Cumulus but still have DST enabled purely for convenience. I can understand why RP are useful with their low power consumption. If I was using a mid-tower Windows PC the power consumption would be ridiculous. The netbooks back in 2009 were the ideal solution and mine keeps on going. :D
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.