Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX & Popup Graphs

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

gboa
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus MX & Popup Graphs

Post by gboa »

I have recently upgraded from Cumulus 1 to MX using SteelSeries Gauges. I understand that MX doesnt provide the data in the same way for the graphs (I'm seeing hitoric data on the popup graphs - the outddor temperature certainly hasn't peaked at 26c recently :lol: )

This is all on a Windows 10 machine with IIS - these pages are then embedded in a hosted site (Weebly) - https://www.gboa.org.uk/gauges.html
I think I have read correctly that I need to use the latest Gauges along with php but cannot find a simple guide as to what the steps are.
I know my way around windows but have no skills with php, scipting etc so need a realy simple stepby step guide.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks
Jonathan
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Cumulus MX & Popup Graphs

Post by mcrossley »

It looks like you have them working now?
gboa

Post by gboa »

mcrossley wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 5:45 pm It looks like you have them working now?
I don't believe so - the graphs shown haven't changed since the upgrade and are old data.
Jonathan
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
Not clear on how your site is set up and being updated.
https://www.gboa.org.uk/gauges.html shows v3.15.2 and being updated. However I don't see https://www.gboa.org.uk/realtimegauges.txt. Do you have this in another location?

The links at https://www.gboa.org.uk/weather.html are for v1.9.4 and latest June 2017 except the gauges.

If you wish your site to be CumulusMX compatible, with the built-in gauges, then you would need to upload all the files in your \CumulusMX\webfiles folder and do the Internet settings, including the FTP of default website updates, realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
gboa

Post by gboa »

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the confusion - my configuration is not straightforward due the my web hosting not facilitating uploads direct.

I have a Win10 PC running MX and IIS. The IIS site root points to the MX Web folder directly.
The IIS site is actually https://gboaweather.dyndns.org/gauges-ss.htm (realtime.txt etc is here) - I embed this content into the GBOA site hosted by Weebly.
I have copied the contects of \CumulusMX\webfiles\ to \CumulusMX\web\

Thanks
Jonathan
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Jonathan,
I likely will not be of much help on your setup as my usage has been primarily with the standard website files and the various third-party Cumulus templates. You would normally not copy any of the \CumulusMX\webfiles content to \CumulusMX\web folder as these are intended for the website and populated on site through the regular updating of the related data files.

I presume you are familiar with the change made several versions ago that changed from CumulusMX processing and FTP the standard files like index.htm and gauges.htm, etc. in the same way as Cumulus1, and instead now has fixed index.htm, gauges.htm, etc. for the website. Current version of CumulusMX now creates various data files in the form of xxxx.json in your \CumulusMX\web folder and these are updated, and FTP if set in Internet Settings. The new fixed files like index.htm on website then obtain the data to display from these xxxx.json data files.

I don't know how you would accommodate those changes for your setup, sorry. Hopefully someone with such experience can help.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
gboa

Post by gboa »

Rather than cloud the issue with my slightly convoluted setup is there a guide on the standard setup of MX using SteelSeries as I'm sure I am missing steps but so far much of my setuo has been guesswork!
Jonathan
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Jonathan,
is there a guide on the standard setup of MX using SteelSeries
The steelseries gauges are included in CumulusMX and no longer need to be added separate as was the case for Cumulus1. And also included in the default web site so nothing specific needs to be done http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/gauges.htm
You will find information in the Wiki https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Main_Page under Cumulus MX (V.3) MX default web site.

1. Basically, one-time upload all the content of \CumulusMX\webfiles to your remote site
2. Go through all the Internet settings and enable and fill in as appropriate for you, including
> Interval Configuration [tick] I want to use the supplied default website
> Normal Interval Settings
> Standard File Settings
> Graph File Settings
> Real time Interval Settings > Realtime [tick} Enable Real time and also [tick] realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt to Generate and FTP transfer.
This last one will update the data for the Gauges.

The new xxxx.json data files are automatically created and updated in \CumulusMX\web and you will see in the Internet configuration settings the option to "Enable file copy of standard files" to a location you specify, as well as the usual FTP.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+