Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Wh 1080 Class Ohlson

Weather station hardware not applicable to any other subforum.
HizerKite
Weather Station: Wh 1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Wh 1080 Class Ohlson

Post by HizerKite »

Hi all

I have a wh 1080 which I think is a clone of another brand.

It has a touch screen external sensors

The main transmitter for the sensors also receives rcc time from the 77.5 kHz Station in Germany. The signal here is very weak - I can tune to it on my hf receiver. The one on 60khz from Cumbria is much stronger though the station has managed to get the time after a day or so.

I have a problem with the touch screen. It only partially works and only if I squeeze the left side of the unit

I've dismantled several times but there is very little inside and the connector is securely installed.

The station is new but I bought it second hand from someone on Facebook. I only paid £15 and it's boxed and unused.

Batteries are new.

Is not a huge problem but I would like to be able to set the pressure.

Does anyone know if this can be done via the pc connection?

Ideally I'd fix the touch screen but think it's unlikely.

Sorry for long first post.

Richard
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Wh 1080 Class Ohlson

Post by mcrossley »

From memory (long ago!) - I believe you can set the pressure offset in the EasyWeather software.
HizerKite

Post by HizerKite »

Thanks Mark

I'll have a play later

Regards
Richard
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. The station was manufactured by "Fine Offset" (Chinese of course) and there are plenty of details in This section of the forum. It's possible to set up a/the "Relative Pressure" via the touchscreen (if it works) or Cumulus can be arranged to "ignore" that offset and introduce its own (there should be details somewhere in the Cumulus "WiKi").

Also the time can be set via the touchscreen if necessary, but Cumulus generally "ignores" the supplied time and uses its own (during download/catchup). Note also that the WH1081 is simply a 1080 without the Radio Controlled Clock feature.

Cheers, Alan.
HizerKite

Post by HizerKite »

Many thanks Alan

unfortunately the touch screen doesn't work but sounds like not an issue. I'll install Cumulus

Regards
Richard