Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

VP2 - Comms

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Altocumulus
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 with Solar
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

VP2 - Comms

Post by Altocumulus »

Hi all,

It happens regularly everytime I change the battery in the ISS; dropouts in contact between the console and the ISS. Usually it settles after about a week, but this current spell has lasted almost 3 weeks, though the frequency of drops is less than they were.

In the small set-up manual it talks about the Diagnostic screen, describing the gain high/low showing along the ticker bar. The quality of the broadcast was showing at 80% yesterday evening, but was 66% this morning which may be a flag to some interruption possible today? I don't get the gain showing along the ticker bar, only battery state (presumably console's).

Question, if I may, how do I discover the gain setting and how do I change it?

VP2 in question is a 10 year old setup, wireless; one anemo, one rain tipper and two temp sensor changed over the years. ISS electronics look clean on the inside, no bulging capacitor.

Now wholly on MX - working good, though still not clean data in the records.....

Showery and breezy here, north of the main areas of activity on Eunice...

Geoff
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: VP2 - Comms

Post by mcrossley »

iirc the gain setting is only available on pretty old versions of firmware? Again iirc it was removed from later versions.
Altocumulus
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 with Solar
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Re: VP2 - Comms

Post by Altocumulus »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 17 Feb 2022 10:59 am iirc the gain setting is only available on pretty old versions of firmware? Again iirc it was removed from later versions.
OK, thanks Mark. Booklet obvious didn't keep up!

Cheers.