Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX delay in getting rain to rainfall gauge

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

MX delay in getting rain to rainfall gauge

Post by harrym1byt »

Hi,

I have just recently got MX working again on the PI and then my rain gauge stopped working just days afterwards. Problem traced to spiders making their home in the gauge, cleaned out, ran some water through and it ticked away merrily. I then went back to the laptop, where MX was already running, saw all the pointers seemed to update whilst I watched in 'gauges' page, except noting recorded by the rainfall gauge. A quick refresh of the screen and my missing rain appeared. Is this a known issue?

Other than that - all playing nicely.

Cumulus MX 3.13.0 b3145
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: MX delay in getting rain to rainfall gauge

Post by mcrossley »

Not a known issue, and the data for the gauges is separate from the page and is pulled afresh every update. If the other values had changed, then it was getting the data from the transmitter - the FineOffset stations only update every 48 seconds of course, if it maybe missed a transmission you'd be into double that. I have no other explanation.
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Re: MX delay in getting rain to rainfall gauge

Post by harrym1byt »

Oh well, thanks.

I was just surprised to see the wind direction change a few times, but none of the rain appearing at all, from my test and it was around ten minutes between poring the water through, climbing down the ladder, putting it away, overalls and boots off, to being back in front of the laptop. Never mind, it is not a big problem.