Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WeatherLink Live now of interest.

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: WeatherLink Live now of interest.

Post by RayProudfoot »

Thanks Paul. Can’t see any federal holidays for today.

Obviously a phone call is out of the question for me. And for such a large company they really should have their own forum. Let me know when you hear back automated reply excepted.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

I searched the Weatherlink sub-forum On WX.NET using IMPORT to find any discussion about importing data into a WLL Pro account.

First, this one. No replies. https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic ... #msg419528

Another started by John Dann...
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic ... #msg392355

And that seems to be it. The lack of any successful attempts to import from an exported tab-delimited text file suggests few if any have tried it. Looks like it would be a brave person who would venture into this without any obvious support from Davis.

Looks like it’s a non-starter for me because a fancy new interface that cannot interrogate 13 years of data is of little interest to me.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Ray,
Have you received a reply yet? I received an email but still have more questions.
I had asked if I can import my WLPC .wlk files to both my WL.com accounts (one was started when I got the WLL in 2020, and the other a few years earlier when I got the IP logger). Their answer is, "We only have the "Import" feature for the WeatherLink Live." This won't affect you though. However I am not quite understanding this as I though Weatherlink.com is a cloud platform and can be updated by WLPC/WeatherlinkIP and WLL, and I have accounts for both. And either can be basic or Pro subscription, or move the Pro subscription between the two as I have done a few times so I can se the data and charts on both accounts. But there must be something more behind the scene.

Davis says
"As for importing, the max file size is 400mb
You can fill more than one time. We recommend that you fill from the NEWEST to the OLDEST.
Do note that the system will not fill in data if ANY DATA is for that DATE. Our system will export the date for the last MIDNIGHT as the start of the NEXT DAY, so you may want to either manually remove this one entry, otherwise it will prevent the whole ".
I am not quite understanding this so have asked for clarification, or an instruction manual.

And on the potential of connection or system crashing during import
"The connection to our computer is only required when UPLOADING the file. Once UPLOADED, then our system will process the IMPORTT on our services, so this critical time is only a few minutes. If the upload is not successful, you cant try again."

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Hi Paul. No, nothing back from Davis Unsupport yet! :roll:

Useful info regarding the import process. So a 400Mb file could contain 3.6M records. Wow!

I think what that advisory means is you cannot include any data for the current date. I think. :D

As it doesn’t appear possible to edit WLK files you would have to hope those files contain clean data. Most of mine do except for December 2021 when I had the console and ISS problem with huge rainfall which needs editing in the txt file I’ve exported.

The killer bit comes at the end. If the upload is not successful you can’t try again. But what if the upload is successful but there’s some crap data which causes the process to fail? What are your options then?

Given this is a 200GBP unit and the subs are around 45GBP per annum I would have expected Davis to be more flexible about uploading historical data.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Ray,
I received Davis' reply to my follow up questions - see PM
Since I can't import the 2008 to 2018 WLPC data to the non-WLL WL.com account I'll leave that as is but will look at importing to the WLL account. But first need to update the WLPC 6.0.2 version that is running on my old Acer Windows 8 PC to v6.0.5.

Have you had an actual look what is offered by WL.com Pro as far as data and charts?

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
RayProudfoot

Post by RayProudfoot »

Thanks Paul. I’ll go through it tomorrow.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.