Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Min / Max temps being missed

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Min / Max temps being missed

Post by Mapantz »

As the title suggests, I've noticed that some of the min and max temps for the day are 0.1 or 0.2°C different. It doesn't happen every day, though. I thought it might have been the °C to °F conversion thing, but I checked my console, and it has the correct values (comparing them to weatherlink live)
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Min / Max temps being missed

Post by mcrossley »

The ISS updates the temperature every 10 seconds, MX polls the WLL every 30 seconds, so it is possible that the odd high/low could be missed.

The station does not provide highs and lows, nor does wl.com other than for each archived data interval, so MX relies on capturing the live data, I guess I could reduce the poll interval for temperature to 10 seconds.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Ah I see. I thought the highs/lows were provided by the API..

You'd think Davis would provide that, as it seems the easiest way to grab them? :lol:
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

They have moved to this model of the APIs providing actual data and not summary/derived data :(

The WLL obviously keeps track of highs/lows internally as it only sends data to wl.com once a minute, shame it does not make that data available to users!

I have posted a query to Davis to see if they have any suggestions.