Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Re: On the ChartsCompiler

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Change Requests

Post by HansR »

@Patrick: On Language: does not really matter, it seems to be fashionable these days to post bilingual if I remember other recent posts well ;) and I appreciate the effort for English very much as it makes the content accessible for others. When necessary we will communicate by PM in French. On topic: I understand what you want, but even then it is out of design for CumulusUtils. What you can do though is make use of the User Reports feature, a highly unknown and unused feature of CumulusUtils, but I think it fits the bill exactly for you. The relevant webtags are: #LightningStrikesToday, #LightningTime and #LightningDistance (see the Wiki: Webtags).The only question then is: where would you like to place the report? CumulusUtils has no direct place to display the userreports so that would go either in the menu bar or through a user-menu you could display it in the standard ReportView (the part where the charts go). As this UserReports feature I think has not been used by anybody before, be prepared to communicate with me.

[EDIT:] So far USerReports do not have a live update feature. If that would be reuired, I/we would have to think about it.

@water01: I have seen what Mapantz and some others are doing but CumulusUtils is a tool which makes use of the logging as made by CMX, it does not log itself. Give it a try :) As this thread is the Change Request thread for CumulusUtils, your post is kind of irrelevant. A bit like posting in the CMX Change Request thread that Ken True should use rounded corners in his Saratoga template ;)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Your recent post on UserReports sparked an interest with me and I have spent some time getting to grips with it. So far I have set the report up in an iFrame on my Homesites tab as TestUserReport.

As far as I can see the data going onto this has to be "slow" data since the refresh rate is only every 6 hours by crontab. The data also needs to be something not easily viewed on my CUtils site so I have gone for Moon, Forecast, Storm rain, Wind, Lightning and some basic system data.

One thing I would like to put on this page is the CMX version and CUtils version information but at the moment I am not sure where the best place to get that is. There maybe other information which would fit on here but I need to think about that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

@Andy, @Patrick,

Thanks Andy for this input. I discussed some points regarding the lightning and UserReports with Patrick offline in PM but to continue this discussion with you both now here, I make the following points:
  1. Yes, UserReports are originally intended for 'slow' information, in general that will be summarizing webtags.
  2. The Ecowitt Lightning Sensor is a somewhat aside standing sensor as it is realtime (non summarizing) but not logged sensor. Having said that it can be displayed with the userreports but it requires some way of updating.
  3. I will think about how to handle the realtime characteristic of the lightning sensor which probably will lead to inclusion in the ExtraSensorsRealtime.txt file and then I will find a way to display that.
  4. The where of that display could be UserReport (possibly) or one of the panels in the left dashboard (exchangeable with the original panel; I would favour that, suggestions are welcome).
  5. This new realtime behaviour for lightning will be available in CMX v4, maybe a bit later depending on how much work there is to be done on CUtils. It also depends on my own lightning sensor, required for testing, which I only just ordered at Ecowitt.
  6. NOTE: You can format the UserReport any way you want as it will accept everything including HTML/CSS so you can give any colouring, flashing, tableing or whatever fancy feature you can think of. Only webtags are replaced by their value, the rest is untouched. When displayed in the reportview, as both of you now have done, the text will be interpreted and displayed as HTML.
Regards,
Hans

meteo19
Weather Station: Davis VP2+/DP1500 SmartHub
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Post by meteo19 »

@Hans
[*]I will think about how to handle the realtime characteristic of the lightning sensor which probably will lead to inclusion in the ExtraSensorsRealtime.txt file and then I will find a way to display that.
Very good idea.
[*]The where of that display could be UserReport (possibly) or one of the panels in the left dashboard (exchangeable with the original panel; I would favour that, suggestions are welcome).
As well as ExtraSensors if possible.

Thank you very much.

Regards
Patrick
meteo19
Weather Station: Davis VP2+/DP1500 SmartHub
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Post by meteo19 »

@Hans
will think about how to handle the realtime characteristic of the lightning sensor which probably will lead to inclusion in the ExtraSensorsRealtime.txt file and then I will find a way to display that.
Very good idea.
The where of that display could be UserReport (possibly) or one of the panels in the left dashboard (exchangeable with the original panel; I would favour that, suggestions are welcome).
As well as ExtraSensors if possible.

Thank you very much.

Regards
Patrick
[/quote]
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

When I view CUtils on my big screen PC I see the guages on the lhs with changeable panel on the rhs. So personally I would adopt the rhs for the User Reports with access shortcuts on the shortcut banner.
I had not realised that the lightning was ecowit only so I will not be using it, I do have a shortcut to Lightning Tracker.
HansR

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Wed 29 Dec 2021 6:34 pm I had not realised that the lightning was ecowit only so I will not be using it, I do have a shortcut to Lightning Tracker.
Well, it is an Extra Sensor supported by CMX, no matter what station you have even though it is not logged!
So, because noblesse oblige, it has to be displayed in Cutils one way or another :)

But I'll work on it. Have a fine change of years.
Hans

Hoeveld
Weather Station: Ecowitt WS80 & WH40 - GW1100
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by Hoeveld »

So, as a total novice & newcomer with under 400 days of reporting behind me I see that here in Nottinghamshire we are on course for having our driest month.

Today we have Jan 2022 already on 15 dry days running, itself also a record

For "Top 10 Records " would a Column / Table for "Lowest Monthly Rain" be something to consider ?

The extra table / column would make 5 Rows of 3 wide, rather than 4 lots of 3 and one 2 rows wide.........

Cordially

Paul

PS I did a search and could not see this topic has been talked about previously......
HansR

Post by HansR »

@Hoeveld: I thought about this for a few hours and I can't really think of a reason not to implement it. Given the change of the climate that might be a good figure indeed. Although for long periods the minimum monthly rainfall will go to zero no doubt, especially in dryer regions like the Mediterranean or Australia (I don't know of anybody having a weather station in the Sahara though that might be interesting), it may be interesting for a lot of countries.

If I do that - I have not decided yet ;) - I will add it in the upcoming version 7 (no release date set yet), not in v6.
Hans

Hoeveld
Weather Station: Ecowitt WS80 & WH40 - GW1100
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Post by Hoeveld »

Thanks for the reply....it was a tentative suggestion...let's see...

Cordially

Paul
AndyKF650

Post by AndyKF650 »

For what its worth the consecutive days of rain or no rain are recorded as webtags which can be used in the UserReports in the Month, Year and AllTime records.
HansR

Post by HansR »

AndyKF650 wrote: Thu 27 Jan 2022 3:59 pm For what its worth the consecutive days of rain or no rain are recorded as webtags which can be used in the UserReports in the Month, Year and AllTime records.
I don't get your point in the context of change requests :?:
What are you suggesting?
Hans

yves386
Weather Station: sas
Operating System: sasa

Post by yves386 »

We have a Rapido 740 with a 100 watt solar panel on roof
Question !would it be a good idea to put the above small solar panel as an extra battery charging source for three months over winter
HansR

Post by HansR »

@yves386: I am not sure you ask this question in the right forum - this is about changes to CumulusUtils, a tool in the world of CumulusMX - and I even do not understand fully what your configuration is, how much power it needs and where you are located (which says something about how much power you have from the panel in winter).

So maybe you should rephrase your question in the general forum and then see where it goes.
You might also consider somewhere else (wxforum.net :?: ).

[EDIT:] Ah.... a Rapido 740 is a camping car :o
Hans

sutne
Weather Station: HP2553 (WS80) and HP2564 (WS90)
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye and Bookworm

Post by sutne »

Air quality in one of the Panels?
As an optional panel possibility.

I have a WH41 connected to my Ecowitt and am interested in see data from it on the first page of the Cumulusutils.