Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Excellent service from ProData

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Excellent service from ProData

Post by malkie »

Last September I gave up on the Vantage Vue I had been using since 2016 (repeated appetite for batteries) and bought a VP2 ISS plus Solar Sensor from ProData Weather Systems.

Just before Christmas. I realised that the Console was not receiving data so after the festivities went through the whole change batteries/check settings/move Console nearer ISS etc, but no joy.

Eventually I took down the ISS and set dip switch 4 to test position, oh, no flashing led. Hmm, it’s only 4 months old….

On the 4th Jan I rang ProData and he agreed that the Transmitter board was defective. He promised to send a replacement that day. No arguments, no credit card number, just agreed to send it.

The board arrived next day, fitting took about 20 minutes and behold, a flashing test light! The ISS was replaced on the garden fence post and we are back in action.

I love a bargain and dislike the prices Davis charge, but this proved to me that the Customer Service is something we have to pay for and just occasionally is well worth it. Thanks to ProData for getting me back up and running.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Excellent service from ProData

Post by mcrossley »

I've had great service from John and the crew at ProData in the past as well. Forums naturally tend to be full of complaints about things, but it's nice to recognise when things are good too.
SJG1976
Weather Station: Davis WLL, with Airlink
Operating System: Raspberry Pi3 MX on USB Drive

Re: Excellent service from ProData

Post by SJG1976 »

Another Thumbs up from me for Prodata.

Have always been very helpful and polite.