Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Problem

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Cumulus Problem

Post by Herbaldew »

No other posts about this so I am assuming it is just me.

I use Cumulus once every Friday to download the data from my WifiLogger then back the data up. I have done this since 2017 and it has always worked flawlessly.

I noticed a rain discrepancy this past Friday so went to work to fix it. Surprise! Cumulus would display the main window and populate the data in the middle section but stay "initializing" forever and not download any new data. I can replace the data folder with the backup from either of the past 3 weeks and it will start normally and catch everything up. However, once it is caught up and I shut it down, it will do what I describe above. Repeatable first time, everytime. I also deleted the data and started from scratch - same thing happens.

Reboots for everything involved repeatedly. Reinstall of Cumulus. Clonezilla restore of the PC with backups from December and November. No change. Tried both of my consoles/WifiLoggers - same thing.

CumulusMX and WeatherLink still work properly. So, I couldn't help but to think it has something to do with the fact it is now 2022 but don't see anyone else here having a problem. I tried back dating the PC and that didn't change anything, but the console and logger still had the current date as I wasn't willing to change that.

Any ideas? Has anyone actually stopped and started Cumulus this year without problem?

Thanks
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Cumulus Problem

Post by PaulMy »

Has anyone actually stopped and started Cumulus this year without problem?
I presume you are referring to Cumulus1. I have stopped and restarted Cumulus1 in 2022 without issue, but that is with USB logger.
My CumulusMX with WiFiLogger is also fine.

Do you have the Cumulus 1.9.4 build 1099.2 patch installed to accommodate some of the pull-down menu dates past 2019? https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Software#Legacy_releases
Likely that is not the issue as it would have shown up in 2020.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Re: Cumulus Problem

Post by Herbaldew »

Yes Cumulus1 and yes to the patch.

Thanks for the info - I thought someone else would have posted already if Cumulus1 quit working this year.

No clue what has happened.