Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX Graph Scales

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

caerhays
Weather Station: Watson W8681
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Cumulus MX Graph Scales

Post by caerhays »

Hi all. Help requested.

For some unknown reason the graphs in MX are displaying what I can only describe as random scales. Every time I run it the scale is different and nothing like the scale of 168 hours for the hourly one which is entered in the graph calibration field. The daily graph for rainfall is fine and is set for 31 days. The randomness transfers to my webpages when I update them.

They've worked fine for 35 months and i've no idea why this is happening.

Has anyone had a similar problem or got an idea how to fix this ?.

Regards, Phil
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Re: Cumulus MX Graph Scales

Post by HansR »

If I read your post well, you are talking about the x-axis.
Do you have a link to your website so we can look at the charts and see what exactly is showing?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Yes its the x - axis that doesn't appear configurable.

My website is at www.cornwallweather.uk

Regards, Phil
HansR

Post by HansR »

Mmm... Looks strange indeed.
I notice it is an old version of cmx but i don't think that explains it.
I'll look further tomorrow if no other good idea comes along.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

I see the following:
  1. Your CMX version is quite old (april 10 202), you might consider an upgrade
  2. The highcharts version used is 8.0 (fixed) while the highcharts theme is taken from the CDN (that is an error in the template btw) which currently is at v9.3.1 (2021-11-05). This is probably the cause of a highcharts error shown in the debugger (but does not seem to be the cause for the x-axis problem)
  3. Your datafiles (the json's) do not contain enough data and do not seem to get refreshed - which causes the x-axis issue - so apparently there is something wrong with the generation of the datafiles OR with the datafiles themselves
Could you:
  1. post your November logfile as it now is to see if the data written in there is actually what you would expect?
  2. If you can't find the time for the update , post your logfile to see if there are messages around the json generation (switch on debug and data logging for a period longer than the FTP frequency). I don't think there is regular logging on the data generation but if there are errors no doubt they will show.
  3. if you can - update to the newest version of CMX. Things have changed much but it should be pretty straight forward and your current template can continued to be used. Several topics on the forum can be found on the subject and many have experience in this change. When done we could see if that solves the problem. NOTE: the settings have changed a lot since the version you are using, you may want to take some time to look at those.
To be honest, it seems to me that either the generation of the datafiles has stopped for some reason or the registration of the data itself has stopped. Or both.
Hans

caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Hi Hans,
I have studied the settings in MX and found that in Web/ftp settings the "include graph data files" button had somehow become unselected. Having selected it and done an ftp update, the graphs on the website now mimic the graphs on MX on my PC. All the data is correct on both and up to date. However the graphs on both start at 17:13 on November 26th despite the period set to display being 168 hours (ie. a week). Everything seems to fine otherwise. So it seems that the ftp is possibly not picking up data prior to 17:13 on 26th, at least not for the graphs. Why this particular time/date is unclear.

I did have an issue with the station intermittently not passing data to the console which rendered the data maximums/minimum/averages, etc., unreliable and so I deleted all data for September, October and the first 17 days of November and restarted the repaired station again. This may have something to do with it but the data from 18th Nov to date, 9 days, should be showing.

Yes, I am running an earlier version of MX, but have been quite happy with it and like to work on the basis of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I think I will just leave as is for the moment and see if the graphs build to the required 168 hours selected.

I have attached the latest FTP logfile for you to inspect for issues.

Many thanks for your input.
Regards, Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Phil,
caerhays wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 12:34 pm I have studied the settings in MX and found that in Web/ftp settings the "include graph data files" button had somehow become unselected. Having selected it and done an ftp update, the graphs on the website now mimic the graphs on MX on my PC. All the data is correct on both and up to date. However the graphs on both start at 17:13 on November 26th despite the period set to display being 168 hours (ie. a week). Everything seems to fine otherwise. So it seems that the ftp is possibly not picking up data prior to 17:13 on 26th, at least not for the graphs. Why this particular time/date is unclear.

I did have an issue with the station intermittently not passing data to the console which rendered the data maximums/minimum/averages, etc., unreliable and so I deleted all data for September, October and the first 17 days of November and restarted the repaired station again. This may have something to do with it but the data from 18th Nov to date, 9 days, should be showing.
Well, the Daily charts seem to pick up on the 18th.
The Recent values charts I believe build op if they don't find daily data in the SQLite database which stores the recent data of the charts. I don't know if that was the case already in your version, but just give it some time. What is your FTP frequency? It should update automatically at e.g. every 15 minutes (the default) and the last time displayed should reflect that. If it does not after say half an hour, there is something wrong with the settings wrt the FTP of the data files.
caerhays wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 12:34 pm Yes, I am running an earlier version of MX, but have been quite happy with it and like to work on the basis of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
I think I will just leave as is for the moment and see if the graphs build to the required 168 hours selected.
Sometimes that's wise, sometimes it isn't :lol:
caerhays wrote: Fri 26 Nov 2021 12:34 pm I have attached the latest FTP logfile for you to inspect for issues.
Many thanks for your input.
With any problem to investigate, mostly the standard logfile prior to the ftp logfile is needed (with debug and data logging enabled).
So please just attach it,even if in the end it appears superfluous. It saves asking.
You're welcome.

Regards,
Hans

novawx
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by novawx »

I have a similar issue but not with MX since I don't use it. Specifically, it's my graphs from the gauges. Looks like the x-axis is a problem. The temperature plot ranges from -300 to 600 F and the humidity can't be plotted at all. The gauges are reading correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HansR

Post by HansR »

Tbh: if you are not using CMX then why are you posting here, what are you using then and etc...

Problems cannot be solved without information about the system you are using. If not CMX you must look for another forum
Hans

novawx
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by novawx »

Weather Display but the graphs are jpgraphs, which I had understood to be the same graphs as MX uses based on Steel Gauges.
HansR

Post by HansR »

JpGraphs is a tool used by some in the CumulusMX world but it does not belong to the standard CMX ecology. The standard charts by CMX are made by HighCharts. And secondly, if you are using WD, then you might try on a WD forum. WD & Jpgraphs is definitely different from CMX & Highcharts.

Good luck!
Hans

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Jpgraphs are used to produce the graphs that are shown when you mouse-over a gauge, so they are a standard (modified) part of the SteelSeries gauges and available here https://github.com/mcrossley/Cumulus-MX-Gauge-Graphs/
David
HansR

Post by HansR »

Ah, yes David, sorry I forgot. While adapting the gauges for CUtils I removed all that.
Hans