Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Limited Weather Stations

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Cambium
Weather Station: ProWeatherTP3000
Operating System: Windows10

Limited Weather Stations

Post by Cambium »

Is it me or are most of the weather stations listed to work with cumulus discontinued? I'm having a hard time find weather stations that work with Cumulus especially the Fine Offset ones. Is it a U.S thing? Will Cumulus expand and work with more?

https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Supported_Devices
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Limited Weather Stations

Post by mcrossley »

I think MX supports a pretty large range of stations, at least most of the current popular ones.

Which stations were you looking at? They must have either USB, serial, or network connectivity to work with any software though.

The problem with the Ecowitt/FineOffset stations is they are sold under many different re-badged model names.
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021 5:09 pm I think MX supports a pretty large range of stations, at least most of the current popular ones.

Which stations were you looking at? They must have either USB, serial, or network connectivity to work with any software though.

The problem with the Ecowitt/FineOffset stations is they are sold under many different re-badged model names.
Thanks. Just looking for:

* Under $150
* Able to be Wired between anemometer and temp sensor because I have to seperate the anemometer (roof) and the wireless temp sensor (shaded porch). I dont use the rain gauge.
*Works with Cumulus
*Has dewpoint readings
*Detects wind speed every minute or second

Just seems so hard to find for some reason. I checked 6 different ones and they are all discontinued.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I'd suggest you take a look at the Ecowitt kit, though the $150 may be limiting, they offer the sensors without a console and just a small gateway device (GW1100) that Cumulus can read....

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=40730.0
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021 5:36 pm I'd suggest you take a look at the Ecowitt kit, though the $150 may be limiting, they offer the sensors without a console and just a small gateway device (GW1100) that Cumulus can read....

"Ecowitt don't sell all their sensors in/to the U.S." There goes that. I may need to ditch Cumulus. That would suck, really love the program
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

The sensors not sold in the US by Ecowitt are sold by Ambient to whom they have given exclusive market access for the country.

Ecowitt gateways will read Ambient branded sensors, but Ambient consoles/gateways will not read Ecowitt sensors.
KarlS
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003 / WH32 / WH41
Operating System: Buster Lite on Pi4

Post by KarlS »

The Ecowitt line of weather stations and sensors is sold in the US by Ambient weather. They sell complete kits and separate sensors. Under "Outdoor Weather Sensors" and "Parts & Accessories" you will find everything you need. (Ha, Mark beat me to it :) )
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

Awesome. Thanks guys... I have this in my cart right now. No idea if it will work with Cumulus.

Wiki doesn't list the 2902 under suppported devices but thats what I was talking about... The information with what works with Cumulus is very sparse or old.

All Wiki Lists is WS1080 & WS2080 And looking for those models they dont have all parts available.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

This Topic on WXforum is very good for identifying what works with what, but Ecowitt is bringing out so many so fast it is changing almost every day. Just check the spec on WS2902 as I thought is was a standalone repeater station, you may need a GW1100 to work with CumulusMX unless the WS2902 supports the HTTP protocol.

David
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

water01 wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 2:04 pm This Topic on WXforum is very good for identifying what works with what, but Ecowitt is bringing out so many so fast it is changing almost every day. Just check the spec on WS2902 as I thought is was a standalone repeater station, you may need a GW1100 to work with CumulusMX unless the WS2902 supports the HTTP protocol.

And yet it continues to lead to another path. Haha. Its the never ending clicking. I guess its simply trial and error? Get something delivered, if it doesnt work, return it. Wish Cumulus made their own station
water01

Post by water01 »

In the UK this one would fit your budget so I think that as it is usually $ for £ the WS2910 comes as complete station that works with CumulusMX using the HTTP protocol.

In the US website https://ambientweather.com/ it seems to be sold as the WS902C.
David
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

I'm a simple guy just wanting a weather station to work with a certain software (Cumulus).
water01 wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 2:04 pm This Topic on WXforum is very good for identifying what works with what, but Ecowitt is bringing out so many so fast it is changing almost every day. Just check the spec on WS2902 as I thought is was a standalone repeater station, you may need a GW1100 to work with CumulusMX unless the WS2902 supports the HTTP protocol.

What does this mean from that link??

(30-Jan-2021) added Tycon ProWeather TC3000WC (WH2350 Fnbe Offset clone) to the matrix

What Matrix? I have a TC3000WC but its wireless, console doesnt have USB to PC setup. I havent set it up yet because I might return it if it doesnt work with Cumulus
Cambium

Post by Cambium »

Inside my Cumulus Legacy v1.9.4 settings these are the stations listed.. I figured I can simply purchase one of these stations and be done with it.

Vantage Pro - Expensive (over $600)
Vantage Pro 2 - Expensive (over $400)
WMR928 - Discontinued
WMR918 - Discontinued

WS2300 - 3 different weather stations came up. Ambient, LaCrosse & AccuRite. LOL

WMR88 - Discontinued
WMR100 - Discontinued
WMR200 - Expensive (almost $300)

water01

Post by water01 »

I think you should understand that Cumulus 1 is no longer being developed so if you bought a WS2300 and it didn't work there is no chance of getting it fixed.

In my opinion you would be far better off switching to CumulusMX and buying one of the latest Ambient models, but that is entirely up to you.

CumulusMX on Windows is very easy to implement.
David
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

Also, and I hope I'm not coming across as crass here, but this software is being provided free of charge. Many weather station companies would want you to purchase their software, when in most cases their software is substandard as it compares to other solutions. I've just found that CumulusMX, for what it does and it's support system, is perfect for my uses. It's constantly being upgraded/tweaked and having the larger community chipping in on issues is what I find so satisfying about this community. Been a long time since I've said thanks, but thanks to both Steve (for initially designing the software) and Mark (for picking it up and taking it further).