Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ecowitt on Amazon UK

GW1000 WiFi gateway
Big Daddy
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003 (GW1000)
Operating System: Raspbian 10 (Buster) / Mono 6.12

Ecowitt on Amazon UK

Post by Big Daddy »

Just noted that some Ecowitt gear is starting to appear on Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ecowitt

Andy
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Ecowitt on Amazon UK

Post by water01 »

Good spot!! Just ordered a GW1100 as a start point!!
David
philpugh
Weather Station: See Signature
Operating System: Debian 11 (RPi4)

Post by philpugh »

I use https://www.ecowitt.com/shop/homePage to order my stuff. It takes about 2-4 weeks to arrive but has all the appearance of having been posted from the UK - the return address is in Southampton. It's usually a lot cheaper than AMAZON and is UK frequency - important to me as my first GW1000 - via Froggit - was UK spec so I need UK spec devices and I ordered a second GW1000 from Ecowitt as a backup device. If you aren't in a hurry I would recommend this route.
Phil Pugh
GW1000 + WH65/WH57/WH31; HP2551 + WS68/WH40A; GW2001 WittBoy
cumulusutils generating website
http://goosegate.uk/
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

philpugh wrote: Fri 03 Sep 2021 5:12 pm I use https://www.ecowitt.com/shop/homePage to order my stuff. It takes about 2-4 weeks to arrive but has all the appearance of having been posted from the UK - the return address is in Southampton. It's usually a lot cheaper than AMAZON and is UK frequency - important to me as my first GW1000 - via Froggit - was UK spec so I need UK spec devices and I ordered a second GW1000 from Ecowitt as a backup device. If you aren't in a hurry I would recommend this route.
£26 from Ecowitt and a 2 - 4 week wait, or £29.90 and a 1 day wait.. ;)

Every single item I have received from Ecowitt in the past, has stung me with extra charges.

3 sensors died on me. The anemometer, outdoor PM sensor and lightning detector. They sent out a new anemometer for free, but I got stung with charges for that. So I ended up paying for the original anemometer, + extra charges. And then paying extra charges again on a replacement. Those extra charges ended up costing more than the original anemometer.

I told them to not bother sending me replacements for the other sensors, as I was not willing to keep paying those extra charges.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Well my experience is completely different.

I ordered a GW1100, HP2551, WH41 (AQ monitor) and a WH57 (lightning Monitor) from the Amazon UK Ecowitt site on Amazon Prime and every single one turned up the very next day. All were the correct UK frequency, and all are working perfectly fine with CumulusMX, and are the same price or cheaper if you do the US $ to £ conversion.

At the time also Amazon were offering a 15% discount on all the listed products.

So if you are thinking of changing I recommend the Amazon Ecowiit site https://www.amazon.co.uk/ecowitt
David
profzarkov
Weather Station: HP2551
Operating System: Win7 or 10

Post by profzarkov »

Hi
My old trusty (?) Maplins station is gradually dying and has always been a bit iffy . . .but it did me well when I was in a house, then 4 years on a narrowboat, now 2 years back in a house but things are getting worse . .so a change.

The Ecowiit does look good and there's a £50 voucher off the HP2551 - it says it contains the gateway but I see you bought the GW1100 as well - can I ask what's the difference? I have the Aercus old one permanently plugged into a cheap Win7 tablet running Cumulus MX fine . . .how does the Ecowitt stuff connect?
I used to be involve in AQ (in Bristol) and am interested i the PM2.5 sensor too!
profzarkov

Post by profzarkov »

Oh bit of off topic but my old Aercus (WS3083) has a fixed pressure - i.e. I set the relative pressure on the base station when I have rest it all owing to "not getting data please unplug..." etc from Cumulus, it doesn't change....which bit of kit monitors the pressure - I always thought it was in the base station or is the sensor on the outdoor kit?

Needing an excuse to buy the new Ecowitt really!!! :lol:
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The pressure sensor is in the base station.
profzarkov

Post by profzarkov »

Hmm, as I thought and it's stuck....I'll go and give it a stern look!
profzarkov

Post by profzarkov »

Thanks for the replies - I'll try and get the old aercus to work but.... if I do buy new Ecowitt kit - is it a simple replacement, i.e. can I literally plug it into the cheap Win7 tablet I'm now using into the base station as before?