Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.13.3 (build 3148) - 22 September 2021

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

If you are interested in supporting Cumulus then maybe you would like to contribute to the maintenance of the Wiki? This need not take hours of your time - just a half hour here and there can make a big difference, particularly if many people are doing this. Any contributions are very welcome, whether they involve new content or editing of existing content. It will be very helpful to current and future users of Cumulus software if the Wiki is kept well-maintained and current. If you are interested then please contact forum user saratogaWX and ask for a Wiki account.

MQTT Export - Added Build 3071

A Forum to archive Cumulus MX development suggestions that have been rejected or solved by other means.
tallasen
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: MQTT Export - Added Build 3071

Post by tallasen »

mcrossley wrote:
Tue 25 May 2021 7:02 pm
What is stopping you doing that now? Just define the template and it will work.

BTW, MQTT will get a bit of loving for the next full release. ;)
Great news, looking forward to that!!

Mqtt runing on MX is essential for me implementing sensors in Home Assistant via Mosquitto broker. :P

peterpc58
Weather Station: Davis Vantage pro 2
Operating System: Rpi

Post by peterpc58 »

I think max characters in mqtt for ha is 255....
Peter

tallasen

Post by tallasen »

Ok, it might be so. But I still got the error "Entity is non-numeric: sensor.vp2_temp_out"

sensor looks like this:

Code: Select all

sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "CumulusMX/Interval"
    name: "VP2 temp out"
    unique_id: "VP2 temp out"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    icon: mdi:temperature-celsius
    value_template: "{{ value_json.tempOut }}"
Cumulus Interval tEmplate:
{"time":"<#timehhmmss>","tempOut":<#temp rc=y>,"tempIn":<#intemp rc=y>,"tempTA":<#avgtemp rc=y>,"humidity":<#hum>,"wgust10":<#wgust10 rc=y>}

tallasen

Post by tallasen »

Now I've been running mqtt overnight without any problems. I have a guess what could trigger the error.
Cumulus sends data to Mosquitto via a readable .txt file. It looks like this right now:

Code: Select all

{"time":"<#timehhmmss>","temp":<#temp rc=y>,"tempin":<#intemp rc=y>,
"humidity":<#hum>,"wgust":<#wgust rc=y>}
I have added sensors that match the inputs above, just to start over.

Before this I've done edits and added data fields with notepad++ and saved as a .txt file in a long single line, then after some time I got this annoying "entity is non numeric" error.

Yesterday I edited the "stock" file from Cumulus MX with Sublime text, making some minor adjustments to meet my needs, and inputs were automatically shifted to a new line (a 2:nd line, see above), not a single line with all inputs. So far no errors.