Release 3.10.0 - build 3115 is available for download.
This release sees major changes to the Cumulus MX dashboard settings screens, and even more so to the supplied default web site.
The settings screens have been reorganised, options which are not relevant to your configuration/station type will no longer be displayed. Many options that were previously only available by adding "read-only" values to Cumulus.ini are now configurable via the GUI in the relevant Advanced settings section.
The old default web site was getting a bit long in the tooth and a revamp was required. A user on the forum (@NeilThomas) kindly donated a new template that is both more modern looking and responsive for working well on mobile devices.
If you use the default web site - please read and understand all the changes before upgrading to this release
You can find more information on the web site changes in this wiki page.
Because of the changes to settings, some new options have been introduced and there values inferred from your existing settings. I advise everyone to double check all the station and internet settings are how you expect them to be after upgrading to this release.
An updated Raspberry Pi image should be available tomorrow.
The change list for this release is...
- Fix: Catch error creating System Uptime counter on Windows
- Fix: The Local web server is now brought up before initialising the station. This allows you to correct a misconfigured station without resorting to editing the Cumulus.ini file.
- Fix: Diary Editor creating entries on the wrong day, and revamp the interface a bit
- Fix: WLL day average temp stats on historic catch-up
- Fix: GW1000 auto-discovery was triggering an erroneous IP address change
- Fix: Cumulus MX shutdown when running as a system service is now orderly
- Fix: The start-up ping now refreshes the DNS cache before every re-try to avoid using null entries cached before the internet comes up
- New: Brand new default web site template courtesy of Neil Thomas. The original "legacy" web site is still included, but it has been moved to the /webfiles-legacy folder.
- The new web site is now data file driven as opposed to all pages being processed and uploaded. The legacy web site has also been updated to use this method.
- New: The previous Console log file is now copied to an "-old" file on start-up
- New: For Davis WLL stations using weatherlink.com, Cumulus now checks and reports the operational status of weatherlink.com on start-up and if an error occurs accessing the service
- New: Two web tags <#forumurl> and <#webcamurl>, which just return the respective URLs rather than the pre-canned HTML of <#forum> and <#webcam>
- New: The start of a Display Options section under Station, which controls what data is displayed on the default web site, implementing some of the Cumulus 1 options
- New web tags for this: <#Option_useApparent>, <#Option_showSolar>, <#Option_showUV>
- Change: All the settings screens revamped, reorganised and extended.
- Many of the settings are now context sensitive, only showing items relevant to your station and configuration.
- Most of the previously config file "read-only" settings are now available in an Advanced section relevant to the configuration item. These settings are now read/write.
- Many new Cumulus.ini configuration entries, and some now depreciated.
- Virtually all the standard files that can be generated can now be controlled for enabling/disabling generation and FTP transfer independently.
- Added more graph data series controls.
- Change: The two graph config files availabledata.json and graphconfig.json are now only uploaded on program start-up and when the station config is changed.
- Change: Dayfile, Monthly Log, and Extra log file editors now have a selectable page length, and a goto-page feature
- Change: The default web site is now driven by a single data file (plus realtimegauges.txt), rather than every page being updated and uploaded each interval.
- Change: The various charting pages now hide buttons for graphs that do not contain any data - both on the dashboard and default web site.
- Change: Creation of the wxnow.txt file is now disabled by default for new installs
- Change: Clock sync (Davis VP2 & Instromet) now occurs at 2 minutes past the hour selected
- Change: Davis VP/VP2/Vue ReadReceptionStats now defaults to enabled for new installs
- Change: The default output file format is now UTF-8 for new installs