Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trouble setting Site Details for NOAA Report

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

hahniv
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6

Trouble setting Site Details for NOAA Report

Post by hahniv »

For some reason I can't set the Site Details in the Settings / NOAA settings menu. I put in Site name, City, State hit save but it doesn't. I've even tried editing the Cumulus.ini file directly but it still doesn't show up in the Site Details after a restart.

[NOAA]
Name=Casa Colovin
City=Fountain Hills
State=Arizona
12hourformat=0

CMX seems to have trouble saving some settings at least in the mono environment. Is there a trick to it? I was surprised when the editing of the .ini file directly didn't work. Does there need to be a space after the =? It seemed that the other entries didn't have a space.
Davis VP2
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Cumulus 3.24.2 build 3235
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: Trouble setting Site Details for NOAA Report

Post by ConligWX »

the NOAA reports as far as I know will be generated on a nightly event. so just changing the name/location etc, wont affect the report until then next day.

if you view the NOAA reports in the Admin web console, you can regenerate the file, thus making changes there and then.

making changes to the .ini file needs Cumulus to be stopped afaik.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

That is correct, the settings are saved from the dashboard. But you either need to wait to the following day, or re-generate the reports via the dashboard.

If you regenerate they will be FTP'd to your web site (if enabled) at the next FTP interval. Again you can force that by using "FTP Now" from the settings if you have a long interval defined.
hahniv

Post by hahniv »

I am in the process of regenerating 14 years of reports which I've slowed because I'd like to have the Site Details on the report. When I edited the .ini file I had quit CMX and then restarted after the file was edited. On my first post the NOAA settings from the .ini were copied and pasted in from the edited .ini file. it is now the next day. Here is what is showing in the NOAA report settings and the newly regenerated Feb report.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis VP2
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

dont edit the cumulus.ini file itself use the admin console (2nd image you have shown) add the site name, city, state, tick the Create NOAA files after daily rollover, then save your settings. (scroll to bottom of page)

that should be it.

Capture.PNG

then start your regeneration of the NOAA Files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

hahniv

Post by hahniv »

I edited the .ini file as a last resort. First thing I tried to do is use the admin console. I put in the info, hit save go to a different menu, come back and no info has been saved. Tried it numerous times with both 3166 and 3167 same result. It would seem since I edited the .ini file (as a last resort) and it is now showing up in the .ini file why isn't it showing up in the admin console? It isn't the only setting I've had trouble saving. Does it matter what computer who's browser you're using? CMX running on linux box, I'm using both Firefox and Safari on my Mac box. Same local network. Attached pics, you can see the setting were updated. Then I went to program setting just to go to a different place, then back to Site details where are blank . . . again. Very Strange

UPDATE: After looking at Simon's picture more closely I see what I was missing. I didn't check the Create NOAA files after daily rollover. That solved the problem. Didn't think that would be necessary for site details but yes it is. Thanks all for your input.
Last edited by hahniv on Thu 04 Mar 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davis VP2
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Then is sounds like the permissions on you ini file is somehow read only.

Is there another CumulusMX.exe running perhaps?
Regards Simon

hahniv

Post by hahniv »

I think I was editing my post when Simons reply came in. He's what I was adding

UPDATE: After looking at Simon's picture more closely I see what I was missing. I didn't check the Create NOAA files after daily rollover. That solved the problem. Didn't think that would be necessary for site details but yes it is. Thanks all for your input.

OK very cool, I thought I'd have to regenerate the 3 years that I've created reports for but looks like Site info is on all the previous generated reports.
Davis VP2
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

glad you got it working!
Regards Simon