Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Dashboard connection.

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Dashboard connection.

Post by water01 »

I run CumulusMX on a Windows 10 mini PC and on my main PC (Windows 10, new Edge browser) I keep a browser tab open connected to it. In the days of IE11 and Windows 7 when I did this the link always kept running perfectly, but I have noticed over the last few months that after about 30mins to an hour the connection is lost. The other change is that I am running CumulusMX as a service rather than doing it all manually.

Is this some kind of port saving/power saving option in Windows 10 or Edge or has CumulusMX running as a service in Windows 10 lost the ability to keep alive a port connection?
David
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Dashboard connection.

Post by water01 »

OK after a bit of research I think I may have found the reason. In the latest version of Edge Microsoft has sneaked in a new feature!!
To improve memory and CPU utilization of the Microsoft Edge browser, Microsoft has developed a feature called sleeping tabs.
Microsoft built upon the freezing technology to create sleeping tabs. This feature allows inactive background tabs to “go to sleep,” releasing system resources after a set amount of time. These resources include both memory and CPU and can be used for new or existing tabs or other applications running on your device.

By default, Microsoft set tabs to go to sleep after two hours of inactivity. If two hours isn’t right for you, you can choose a different time interval. Tabs that are asleep will fade to let you know they’ve released resources. To resume a sleeping tab, click on it like a normal tab. The tab will un-fade and your content will be there immediately. You can also add sites you never want to sleep to a block list in Settings.
I am going to try the "block list" feature and also alter the timings and I will post the results later
David