Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data not downloading

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
petaj26
Weather Station: EasyweatherPlus V2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Data not downloading

Post by petaj26 »

I have been using Easyweather Plus for several years with no issues but my data is no longer downloading. I can see the figures on the display and on my computer but when I go into history, it is blank. I have cleared all the data and memory on the computer and cleared memory on the device about a week ago in case these were full (they didn't look it) but still no joy to retrieve past data. Don't think I have taken any upgrades via Windows. Have used Windows Troubleshooter/Program compatibility with no joy. Am baffled and don't know what to try next. Can anyone help me please?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Data not downloading

Post by mcrossley »

I'd try a full console reset - remove the batteries and USB cable, leave for 20 seconds, reconnect it all.
petaj26

Post by petaj26 »

Thanks will try that and give it 24 hours and see what happens.
petaj26

Post by petaj26 »

Nope that didn't work. Pity. I can see on the device that the memory dial is totally empty and when I go into History there isn't even a line of data showing the current readings. :cry:
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Sounds like it may just have died then :(

Try a different USB cable if you can find one that fits.

You could open up the case and look at the USB connector and see if any of the soldering looks dodgy.

After that I'm out of ideas.
petaj26

Post by petaj26 »

Thank you for that thought. I would have expected to see data accumulating on the device memory if nothing else but it remains totally blank.

If it was the batteries on the weather station itself I would have thought that I could not see any readings on the device or computer. But these are clear in all sections and they were replaced in the summer.

The history button on the device doesn't seem to do anything purposeful.

The handbook says:
Data Storage
For a comprehensive weather history, the Base Station allows the internal storage of up to 4080 complete
sets of weather data with time and date. These data sets are being stored in non-volatile ring buffer memory
(EEPROM) and will not be lost even in case of an interruption of power supply (e. g. change of batteries).
In case the memory capacity of the Weather Station is exhausted the oldest data sets stored will be
overwritten by the new ones entered.

Do you understand the statement "These data sets are being stored in non-volatile ring buffer memory
(EEPROM)" - I don't. I wondered if it has developed a fault and if it can be fixed. Otherwise it looks like a new device is needed and I am not sure if they are still manufactured and can be bought independently.

Thank you for your help.
rockyd
Weather Station: WH3081
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by rockyd »

I have a similar issue, fortunately I have another console that's still working, for now.
The little receive icon that flashes on every 60 or 90 seconds in the top right hand corner of the console is not doing that on the faulty console. If I hold the down button on the console it will receive one set of data but then no more, that one set of data will stay there forever. Cumulus reports lost sensor contact.
So I believe mine(a FO WH3081) has developed a fault, so looking to either replace the console or maybe the weather station. But none of the newer ones seem to have a pc interface.
petaj26

Post by petaj26 »

Thank you. That is most interesting. I did have a spare console but disposed of it!!! Damn! :bash: Need to have a big think.