Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Dummy needs assistance!

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Mad Farquhar
Weather Station: Old Maplin Gadget jobbie.
Operating System: Mac Big Sur 11.1 / Ubuntu 20.04

Dummy needs assistance!

Post by Mad Farquhar »

Been doing some spring cleaning and tried to update Cumulus MX to the latest version when I lost the lot whilst farting about with my wee Acer notebook getting the MXdiag issue as attached....
20210112-154530.txt.zip
Any assistance gratefully received.

Edit: see I’m not alone. Freddie clocked it on the 6th Jan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cortmalaw
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Raspbian

Re: Dummy needs assistance!

Post by Cortmalaw »

Yes, it seems to be the same as viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18837&p=149512&hil ... ie#p149512 , where a fix is documented.

By the way, it does not look like you have "lost the lot".

This should act as a reminder to backup all your CumulusMX data to a PC (eg using FileZilla) before fiddling. You should copy at least Cumulus.ini, the /data and /backup directories and any webfiles that you have amended. To be safe, just copy the whole of the CumulusMX directory and all subdirectories.

Then, at worst, you will be able to reinstall CumulusMX without losing data.
Mad Farquhar
Weather Station: Old Maplin Gadget jobbie.
Operating System: Mac Big Sur 11.1 / Ubuntu 20.04

Re: Dummy needs assistance!

Post by Mad Farquhar »

The total loss of MX amended files has been prevented by a back up. It was my fiddling with my Acer and attempting to move the Linux Timeshift files to a SD card that caused a collapse in my, up to then, nice day. I reinstalled Linux and then thought since I am in front again I'll just update C-MX to the latest version as it keeps nipping me when I restart it. Everything went swimmingly well updating mono, C-MX etc., extracting, blah de blah, then on terminal trying to fire up C-MX I got the "Unhandled Exception" msg which I considered not a good thing and worthy of a shout. Perhaps if I had spent another 1/2 hour reading the forum entries, or done a search, I would have spotted I wasn't alone. Ho hum.

Your caution about saving the lot is well minded however.