Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

For Sale - Spare parts - Fine Offset sensors

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

For Sale - Spare parts - Fine Offset sensors

Post by ExperiMentor »

I have a load of Fine Offset sensors and structural parts that I can sell. Basically , 2 complete setups except as below. Never been installed - were bought as spares after I lost a wind sensor to golf-ball-sized hailstones, and then when Maplin were closing down, and never needed them, such is how well constructed these cheap devices were!

There is an N96FY and an N96GY. Not sure if the numbering refers to the colour (one set is light-grey plastic, the other is mid-grey) or the frequency band used (434 or 868 - there doesn't seem to be a way to tell) or indeed, I understand there can even be a different communication protocol if the frequency is the same.

There is ONE Therm/Hydro/Transmitter which works (light grey -- band not known), for which I have don't have a receiver (display console) for sale.
The other transmitter (mid-grey) has a matching display console - but one or other part is NOT working - both devices behave as you'd expect (flashing LED, and display lights up correctly), BUT they no longer communicate with each other.

Any interest in any items? I guess I'd prefer to sell individual bits to people who need spares than 2 boxfulls to sit forever in someone else's garage before being thrown away.

Now the snag - I live in Europe so postage is likely to be more expensive than an individual part, unless you're happy to wait until I return to the UK (Xmas, maybe?)

Anyway, if you have an interest, post below or send a private message with details and we can see what might work out.

**Update: 'white' sensors are now in short supply. Plenty of 'light-grey' remain, some new, some used.