Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Air Quality Graphs / Twitter Extremes

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
BelloWeather
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

Air Quality Graphs / Twitter Extremes

Post by BelloWeather »

Two asks :)

Air Quality - with the addition of the Davis Airlink (thank you - great integration with a new product that works really well), would it be possible to add a pm2.5 and pm10 graph option? Love the graphs as they are, and would be awesome to be able to see changes in air quality over time (particularly in this bush fire prone location)

Twitter - right now the option for Twitter is to post at a certain interval - thinking it would be great to have another option to only post to Twitter when certain extreme thresholds are met (that can be set by the user - for example where we are it would be great to have automatic Twitter posts when we exceed 40c / over 75mm rain in an hour / air quality reaches poor etc)

Quick note to also say a huge thank you to all who work on this software - love using it and under no illusions as to how complicated it is, and how much time goes into developing it.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Air Quality Graphs / Twitter Extremes

Post by mcrossley »

Air Quality Graphs - very much on the ToDo list, within the next couple of releases I hope.

Twitter - On the back burner I'm afraid, the Twitter code as it stands is pretty much useless, it is rate limited to a single user and the whole thing needs rewriting.

You *could* achieve what you want by setting an Alarm threshold (or multiple alarms), then calling an external program that checks the Alarm state and sends a Tweet via a third party app (or even something like PowerShell) when it triggers.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

I've gotten my AirLink data being uploaded to SQL now, so I added it to the short-term graphs. :D
AirQuality.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BelloWeather

Post by BelloWeather »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:36 pm Air Quality Graphs - very much on the ToDo list, within the next couple of releases I hope.

Twitter - On the back burner I'm afraid, the Twitter code as it stands is pretty much useless, it is rate limited to a single user and the whole thing needs rewriting.

You *could* achieve what you want by setting an Alarm threshold (or multiple alarms), then calling an external program that checks the Alarm state and sends a Tweet via a third party app (or even something like PowerShell) when it triggers.
Fantastic, thanks Mark. @mapantz - great, though likely beyond my coding skills. Going to hang back and wait for the updates :) That pm2.5 graph - dramatic change from good to poor - what happened? Wind change? Rush hour?
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

BelloWeather wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:02 pm That pm2.5 graph - dramatic change from good to poor - what happened? Wind change? Rush hour?
Bonfire from a house up the road, in combination with very little wind. :D

I should add, that's the real-time readings rather than the calculated AQI.
BelloWeather

Post by BelloWeather »

That's great - you can see how smoky it is when the fire first kicked off, then how it slowly dropped down as it burnt through. We had a month here last year where we didn't get to see the sun because of bushfire smoke - very different this year with crystal clear skies.
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

BelloWeather wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:59 pm We had a month here last year where we didn't get to see the sun because of bushfire smoke - very different this year with crystal clear skies.
Hi from over the Range, had very similar conditions here last year.

Like the way you've got AirLink at the bottom of your page.

Any chance of a copy of you indexT.htm so I could paste a bit across into mine.
Lazy way out, but makes for a bit of a relief.

Currently I just have Beteljuices page running, but not in my menus yet.
Just pulling the data with a batch file every 30 seconds & uploading it as a realtime file.

http://weather.inverellit.com/al/davis_example.php

Did also Borrow this, http://weather.inverellit.com/airlink.htm ,but it could do with a bit of tarting up.

Cheers

Phil.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Phil23 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 5:07 am Currently I just have Beteljuices page running, but not in my menus yet.
Just pulling the data with a batch file every 30 seconds & uploading it as a realtime file.

http://weather.inverellit.com/al/davis_example.php

Did also Borrow this, http://weather.inverellit.com/airlink.htm ,but it could do with a bit of tarting up.
I see the fire season is starting again as the pwsFWI is rising.
That could well bring interesting views of the PM figures.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

HansR wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 5:30 am I see the fire season is starting again as the pwsFWI is rising.
Yes,

Drove out through last years fire grounds on Sunday. It's heading for a potential tinder box.
Too much low level sucker growth allowed to establish. That stuff that is ground level to 10' up.
Canopy's are recovering fine, but it's the ground fuel that is not under control.

I did hit record on the Dash Cam at one point, so will down load that footage & upload it online.

Cheers.

PS, I need to update CU badly.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

Phil23 wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 9:09 am PS, I need to update CU badly.
The testing message of pwsFWI is gone now, lots of changes yes.
And including now support for AirLink, graphing coming up.... pff...
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3