Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WeatherLink Live

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: WeatherLink Live

Post by Mapantz »

It looks like I have gotten to the root of the problem with my weatherlink live issues.

It looks like Davis couldn't be bothered to do a decent job in making the Android app.

My brother has just been over with his iPhone, so we could compare side-by-side. On the iPhone, wind speeds do indeed update every 2.5 seconds. The Android app are every 5 seconds.

Also, under 'Extra Sensors' it shows wind speed and wind direction. On the Android app, neither of those values ever change. On the iPhone app, it says 'Live' next to 'Extra Sensors' and both wind speed and direction update every 2.5 seconds on that as well.

Android: https://postimg.cc/LnF5bd1H
iPhone: https://postimg.cc/N58FhN6R

I find that to be seriously bad app development! How on earth has this not been spotted before now?

Edit: I've also just noticed the time at the bottom, in the temperature part at the bottom of the screenshot.

Android: "As of: 21:45"

iPhone: "As of: 21:52"

So the Android app isn't updating that under live conditions, whereas the iPhone app does.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Mapantz wrote: Wed 07 Oct 2020 9:08 pm I find that to be seriously bad app development! How on earth has this not been spotted before now?
apps@davisnet.com

I reported app not updating correctly 16/09/2020.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

It's now over 4 weeks since I reported all of these Android app bugs to Davis, and nothing has been done about it!

That's pretty damn poor to be honest.

They're app developers who are updating apps on a daily basis and some are on their own, doing it. And yet Davis cannot manage anything in over 4 weeks?!

There's also a bias creeping in towards iOS.. many developers concentrate on apps for that OS and can't be bothered with Android - been going on for years. :x