Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis AirLink Professional Air Quality Sensor (7210UK)

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Davis AirLink Professional Air Quality Sensor (7210UK)

Post by beteljuice »

You, and some of the phraseology are beginning to make my brain ache ...

The examples suggest the call to the AL is a different IP.
However; the WLL API states
The WeatherLink Live (WLL) implements a HTTP interface for getting current weather data. The response to a valid HTTP Get request is a JSON document with the current weather from all the Davis transmitters it is tracking.
So that will have the data as well ?
... or is the address the same and they have minimised the data for the example :cry:

I just may not bother ....
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The AirLink is completely independent of all other devices, and does not supply data anywhere other than WeatherLink.com. You can query the local API from either the WeatherLink app, or third party software, but nothing is sent to a WLL if present. Each AL and WLL is a separate piece of hardware with its own IP address.

The only integration happens on wl.com, if you configure the AirLink to be an extra node on an existing station. If you do this then the AirLink data is included in that stations current and archive data that you can fetch using the wl.com API v2.

Otherwise the AL also appears as an independent station on wl.com - though you can add other AL devices as nodes to existing AL station! I.e. you can create a station that just consists of multiple AL devices!

Any clearer? :lol:
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

beteljuice wrote: Mon 24 Aug 2020 10:51 pm
... and they are including multi-standard trigger / colour code (Leuven PA script does not have UK)

... but the beteljuice tweak does - I did wonder about all those fake US / China sniffers I get :o
I built my own AQ sensor during lockdown using the Nova SDS011 sensor https://www.byteyourlife.com/en/househo ... -info/7204 for about £40 total cost, much cheaper than the Davis!! The node software is user configurable and uploads to luftdaten project, now called sensor community. You can adjust the sensor interval in seconds. Very useful to lengthen the lifespan of the sensor fan.
Historical graphs are displayed at https://api-rrd.madavi.de/grafana/d/GUa ... 66-6535739

I am using the Leuven luftdaten script on my website https://www.tottonweather.co.uk/air-quality/but would prefer the beteljuce dashboard :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Received an email from Prodata today, my AirLink has shipped.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

@ConlinWX I'll PM you about a version of MX that supports the AirLink. I'm on holiday again this week, so it may be a later in the week.
beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

The beteljuice did complete a davis json example
forestedge wrote:I am using the Leuven luftdaten script on my website https://www.tottonweather.co.uk/air-quality/ but would prefer the beteljuce dashboard
:mrgreen:

Wims Leuven luftdaten script(s) are almost identical to his purpleair ones.

I have made several cosmetic tweaks as well as revamping some of the code sections.
I see you are using the complete page generation in an <IFRAME>, the beteljuice is geared to suppress html (In your case $luftdt_html = false; and eg. echo $aq_fullpage_html;), that way you can do your own formatting of headers etc. (and use the 'widget' on a separate page)

I just done the 'key table' for eea (generic EU) for an Italian gentleman using luftdaten1.php - (Haven't done translations !! only ENglish)
so there shouldn't be any great problem achieving what you want. (maybe :? )

What do you like / want ?
Put this in a different thread or PM me ...

Edit: Link modified
Last edited by beteljuice on Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 14 Sep 2020 9:10 pm @ConlinWX I'll PM you about a version of MX that supports the AirLink. I'm on holiday again this week, so it may be a later in the week.
Yep no worries, received the Airlink, 5 minutes set it up. will run it indoors for a day before I put it on the outside of the house.
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

just an update on this. the AirLink app allows for Private and Public privacy, along with Inside or Outside Environments.

However, setting the Environment to "Inside" will make the station (AirLink) private and will not be visible on the WeatherLink map, no matter what the Device Privacy says.
Regards Simon

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Hi Simon

Are you using a CMX beta to show the AirLink data yet?

I just wondered what was on offer in terms of webtags etc?
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

No sorry. I havent had any beta sent to me as yet. think Mark was on his holidays, and I've been having broadband issues for the last two weeks.

engineer done loads outside the house today. but its early days as yet. i'm just waiting for another outages lol
Regards Simon

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

AirLink all set up outside - nice and easy. :D
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Mapantz wrote: Fri 25 Sep 2020 12:10 pm AirLink all set up outside - nice and easy. :D
yeah. I must say one of the easiest devices to setup. just need a CumulusMX build to play with the airlink :)

On a lighter note my Broadband now seems stable. no reboots for over 2 days. Fibre Optic node and Hub3 replaced, plus a reconfigure of the fibre cable in the Virgin Media Grey box in the road seems to have fixed it.
Regards Simon

Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

ConligWX wrote: Fri 25 Sep 2020 12:54 pm just need a CumulusMX build to play with the airlink :)
Likewise!

I'm intrigued to know what the update rate is by pulling the data from the network?!

It'll be good to add webtags to my XML file so that it can update all of the air quality information without refreshing the page, like the rest of my data. :D
beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

Map wrote:I'm intrigued to know what the update rate is by pulling the data from the network?!
From API wrote:With the exception of fields ending in _last, all pm_n_xxx fields are calculated using a rolling window with one minute granularity that is updated once per minute a few seconds after the end of each minute.
Mapantz

Post by Mapantz »

beteljuice wrote: Fri 25 Sep 2020 2:39 pm
Map wrote:I'm intrigued to know what the update rate is by pulling the data from the network?!
From API wrote:With the exception of fields ending in _last, all pm_n_xxx fields are calculated using a rolling window with one minute granularity that is updated once per minute a few seconds after the end of each minute.
Thank you beteljuice! :)