Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How do I set about integrating Weather 34 into Cumulus MX

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderators: saratogaWX, weatherist34

cohort
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1080
Operating System: Windows 7

How do I set about integrating Weather 34 into Cumulus MX

Post by cohort »

I am coming late to MX but have the latest build ready to upload and use together with a Watson weather station that has yet to arrive. PHP looks a little daunting but I want to learn quickly so that I can add all sorts of new features whilst still plodding along with a Fine Offset running a separate Cumulus 1.9.4 from a different pc. Can anybody give me the basics of how to configure the Weather 34 master templates. Does the upload have to go INSIDE the MX web folder and then just feeds off the MX uploads. Any help would be much appreciated
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Re: How do I set about integrating Weather 34 into Cumulus MX

Post by saratogaWX »

If you mean using the CU-HWS version, then you will only need to configure CumulusMX to upload the realtime.txt file.
The other CU-HWS template files just reside on your website (uploaded once). Historical data will come from WeatherUnderground (so you'll need to be submitting data to WU, AND apply for/get a TWC/WU PWS API key).

If you don't intend to use the CU-HWS template, then please post the URL for the template you intend to use (or describe it in more detail).
cohort

Post by cohort »

Thank you so much for a prompt response. Firstly, I am on Weather Underground as IUNITEDK78 but my station temperature readings failed some time back and WU now put me down as Offline. After all the Covid 19 pandemonium eased a bit (my wife and I are shielders) I finally got around to ordering and taking delivery of the Watson station which I will now be setting up later this week. That will get all my readings sorted out. Will I then have to contact WU or will the availability of sensible data mean that they auto put me back Online? I didn't know about the API key so that is REALLY useful to know. I will not try to get one until they see me as operational again. Secondly, I WILL be using the CU-HWS version as I have already downloaded it and thank you, again, for the link which has pointed me(when I look properly!) at how to configure it. My intention is to run Cumulus 1 on and XP pc and the faulty station merely to keep my Meteotemplate site running as that seems to work fine at the moment even though it has zero temperatures. That is in in the root of my website . I am then going to have an MX folder which will be powered by the Watson station. where I will configure the MX version from my main pc running Windows 7. Do I put ALL the files from the CU-HWS zip INSIDE the MX folder? Or just some of them? Do they have to have their own separate folder inside the MX folder? I want to get it right so please excuse all the questions I am firing off. I have already experimented with MX previously so understand from what you are saying that I will have to configure MX to upload an Extra file for starters which will be the CU-HWS realtime txt in the demodata folder. That's enough from me now.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Cohort,
It looks like you are already FTP realtime.txt to two locations http://the9libraries.org.uk/template/realtime.txt and http://the9libraries.org.uk/realtime.txt so your data is there for using the CU-HWS template. It will run from either Cumulus1 or CumulusMX realtime.txt file

Keep the unzipped CU-HWS files in the current folder on your pc, no need to put it anywhere special.
Create a new folder on your http://the9libraries.org.uk website and upload the contents of the CU-HWS to that folder. I have mine in komokaweather.com/pws
Go to your website and run the setup- i.e. http://the9libraries.org.uk/pws/easyweathersetup.php and proceed with the settings. Initially the password will be blank but in the settings you will change that. For Weather Software: enter cumulus and for Your path to data file: ../realtime.txt
Then proceed with all the other settings, including the WU station and API, etc.
You can check your progress by checking http://the9libraries.org.uk/pws

That's it, but customize to your liking.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

cohort

Post by cohort »

Thanks Paul, that's really useful.I am right on the cusp of a changeover of weather stations and also need to get Weather Underground "onside" so that they will see correct readings, which means using the new station and combining that with Cumulus MX. I want to keep all that separate from Cumulus 1 and the old Fine Offset which has now gone belly-up after 10 years. If I read you correctly I can probably do that by putting an Extra File upload in Cumulus MX which points to the pws folder(I will definitely use your suggestion). Can you confirm that and also spell it out for me so that I don't do the wrong thing

Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Steve,
No need to wait to run CumulusMX as you can use the CU-HWS template now just by FTP all the unzipped folders and files to your website - i.e. http://the9libraries.org.uk/pws
I presume http://the9libraries.org.uk/realtime.txt is from your Cumulus1. This existing realtime.txt can be used by CU-HWS as is, and no need to add an extra realtime.txt as more than one script can access the file and it will have no impact to your existing setup.

When you have the CU-HWS files on your website then run the http://the9libraries.org.uk/pws/easyweathersetup.php to bring up the settings screen where you enter all the settings.
For the realtime data enter the path to where you already have realtime.txt i.e.: ../realtime.txt
And later when you are running CumulusMX and it also FTP the realtime.txt just change in easyweathersetup.php the path to where that realtime.txt is located.

Your biggest challenge will be deciding the various settings options, and getting the Weather Underground and Dark Sky API's,. etc. But the site should display and you can ask for guidance as needed.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

cohort

Post by cohort »

Hi Paul, tried to reply to your private messages but I met the same obstacle I encountered a long time ago. replies just sit in my Outbox and will not send. If that can be fixed I will then be able to respond through the private channel. Otherwise I will just post "en clair" in this thread. Very vexing....
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Steve,
It was received.

I,have had the same recently where I thought I had pressed Submit but the message draft was still there. However on checking, the message had gone through so now paying a little more attention when sending.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Don't think of them as "outbox" and "sent" folders, but as "unread" and "read" folders - or, perhaps, "unseen" and "seen". Any PM will remain in your "outbox" folder until the recipient has seen the PM (or, more accurately, until the recipient opens his/her inbox folder). It will then and only then move into your "sent" folder.

It may seem strange, but that's how PHPBB works.
Freddie
cohort

Post by cohort »

Thanks Freddie, that very concise piece of information has cleared out the irritation in my head completely. I will now feel much more positive about the private channel. Much obliged

Steve