Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

records began date no work in MX?

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

David9723
Weather Station: Davis VP2, WLL
Operating System: Windows 11

records began date no work in MX?

Post by David9723 »

Worked fine in cumulus...where does MX get the info from?

The wiki says recordsT.htm and i do not have that file.
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Re: records began date no work in MX?

Post by rogerthn »

David9723 wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 4:33 pm Worked fine in cumulus...where does MX get the info from?

The wiki says recordsT.htm and i do not have that file.
I have CumulusMX/web/recordT.htm but no recordsT.htm :P
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You will have to give us a bit more to go on than "records began date no work in MX".
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

David9723 wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 4:33 pm Worked fine in cumulus...where does MX get the info from?
MX gets the records began date information from the configuration file entry StartDate=dd/MM/yyyy (see https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus.ini#Section:_Station in Wiki)

When you first start MX, it will read an existing Cumulus.ini file (with an initial capital letter, then all lower case) and find that entry.
If MX cannot find a Cumulus.ini file with that precise name (i.e. case matches exactly) it will take the date you first run MX as the start date it writes to a new configuration file.

If you have just moved from Cumulus 1 to MX and if you are claiming the date you started Cumulus 1 is ignored by MX, then it sounds like MX has not recognised your Cumulus 1 configuration file either because the file has not been copied to the correct place, or because there is an error in the filename (Cumulus 1 will actually accept cumulus1.ini and other variations).
David9723 wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 4:33 pm The wiki says recordsT.htm and i do not have that file.
The template files (files containing web tags) available as standard with Cumulus 1 and MX are listed in the Wiki at https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Customised_te ... _Templates.

EDIT: I have found the unwanted "s" in that filename error twice in the wiki (hence 2 edits shown) once in the Cumulus 1 FAQ and once on the web tags page where <#recordsbegandate> is defined, both are now corrected. There could be other errors for other items in the Wiki, if anyone wants to do some proof-reading!

Template recordT.htm is an example where the only difference between template provided with Cumulus 1 and that provided with MX is the credits line at the bottom. The record began date <#recordsbegandate> appears twice on this template, and when Cumulus 1 or MX processes that template, it replaces that web tag by the start date in the configuration file.

If you have customised a template and a web tag uses output modifiers to change how date appears, the modifiers are different for Cumulus 1 and MX.

Although like Mark, I am unsure what you were saying does not work, I hope you now understand enough of the processing to resolve any problem you have.
Last edited by sfws on Tue 28 Jul 2020 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David9723

Post by David9723 »

The tag <#recordsbegandate format="mmmm d yyyy">

Does not have the correct info. I moved all data from cumulus to MX, i guess i missed a bit. :)

Can i manually edit it so MX will show the right date?

Thanks for the help!
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Code: Select all

For MX the format should be ..

The tag <#recordsbegandate format="MMMM d yyyy">
... but that may not resolve your current problem.
As intimated above, you need to check StartDate=13/08/2009 in Cumulus.ini and edit to suit (With cumulus OFF)
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
David9723

Post by David9723 »

beteljuice wrote: Sun 26 Jul 2020 9:36 pm

For MX the format should be ..

The tag <#recordsbegandate format="MMMM d yyyy">
... but that may not resolve your current problem.
As intimated above, you need to check StartDate=13/08/2009 in Cumulus.ini and edit to suit (With cumulus OFF)
Thanks beteljuice, i new i just needed to edit the Cumulus.ini just did not know where.