Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Language file discussion

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

sutne
Weather Station: HP2553 (WS80) and HP2564 (WS90)
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye and Bookworm

Re: Map without stations on it

Post by sutne »

I think we should make this proper and go for option 2, make language files for both nb-NO and nn-NO (there is of course two others as well, se-NO and sej-NO (sami languages), but I cannot help you with them, so we drop them now).

I can make language-file for nn, and also update the gauges file.
In the gauges we have to change NO to NB and add NN? Or should we keep NO as a copy of NB?
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

sutne wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 10:49 am I think we should make this proper and go for option 2, make language files for both nb-NO and nn-NO (there is of course two others as well, se-NO and sej-NO (sami languages), but I cannot help you with them, so we drop them now).
OK, agree. If my search (on Norway this time) is right that would be smj-NO, sma-NO and se-NO. I agree, we drop them. At the moment I don't support three letter language codes anyway.
sutne wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 10:49 am I can make language-file for nn, and also update the gauges file.
In the gauges we have to change NO to NB and add NN? Or should we keep NO as a copy of NB?
OK, I don't know which language is the current NO file but you just change the code for that one in the CUstringsXX file and modify the code in the gauges language file. That should be enough for you. If you can and want of course you can prepare the the second language as well.

Please inform Mark / @mcrossley that a change is coming for that, because the new gauges language file is a gauges item en needs to be checked in there.
I will add it to the release of CumulusUtils. Then you're all set for a restart with CumulusUtils.

Basically we now need only one Norwegian language I guess, the one for you. So it is up to you to prepare the second language as well.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
sutne

Post by sutne »

To make it clear: officially «no» is not a language anymore?
It is either nb or nn (plus the sami versions)?
«NO» is only used for locale (keyboard layout, currency, date etc).

But removing LANG.NO from all language-files would not be adviseable.

I think everywhere «no» is used, it is nb (norsk bokmål).
Therfore it would be best to keep «no», add nb(copy of no) and when available nn.
Agree?

This discussion is really in the wrong topic, but to keep to the topic:
My site is on the Map now!
HansR

Post by HansR »

sutne wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 12:53 pm Therfore it would be best to keep «no», add nb(copy of no) and when available nn.
Agree?
I am OK with that. Just know that no-NO won't work any more in CumulusUtils as language value because there is no such locale.
If you send me the gauges language file with the new definitions, I'll create the new release for the new languages.
sutne wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 12:53 pm This discussion is really in the wrong topic, but to keep to the topic:
Yes, that's how things sometimes evolve.
sutne wrote: Wed 22 Jul 2020 12:53 pm My site is on the Map now!
Welcome back :D
Hans

sutne

Post by sutne »

Just know that no-NO won't work any more in CumulusUtils as language value because there is no such locale.
Actually the same goes for swedish. They are refered to as SE, but se-SE is Sweden with sami language. They should use sv-SE.
(When I could not get norwegian to work, I tried se-SE, changed my norwegian lang-fil to CUstringsSE.ini. That worked until I tried drop-down menues for months. They were in Sami!
HansR

Re: Language file discussion

Post by HansR »

I'll inform @rogerthn (who still has to reach his 32 days of data btw).
Hans