Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

3088 other new files

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

3088 other new files

Post by jlmr731 »

Just updated to 3088 and noticed a few new files in the zip that was not included in 3087 or 3088 release update post, not sure if its work in progress or just missed adding them to post.
No problems with anything else so far.
Thanks a Million Mark

The files Files with newer dates:
these 2 had a difference-- and dated July 8 2020
/dayfileheader.txt
/monthlyfileheader.txt

I didnt check for diff on these but dated July 8 2020
/interface/thisyearrecseditor.html
/interface/thismonthrecseditor.html
/interface/monthlyrecseditor.html
/interface/alltimerecseditor.html
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: 3088 other new files

Post by sfws »

jlmr731 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 4:56 amnot sure if its work in progress
The files Files with newer dates:
these 2 had a difference-- and dated July 8 2020
/dayfileheader.txt
/monthlyfileheader.txt
Yes, work in progress!

Humidex daily, monthly, yearly highs/lows implementation is part of release 3.7.0 which is currently in restricted availability as a beta, but an emergency release (build 3088), to cure significant problems in 3087, made those two files available in the public release ahead of time. Ignore the extra fields for the moment in these two files, they are not in the actual log files yet.
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Post by jlmr731 »

OK Cool, so looks like 3.7 will have a database upgrade too :clap:
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Yep, as @sfws said, they accidentally escaped from the next full release into the last emergency release.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Since my original reply, I have noticed https://github.com/cumulusmx/CumulusMX- ... /interface has not been updated, so the build 3088 zip has by mistake included files from a development environment instead of the files in the git hub commit. This does mean that Build 3088 is inconsistent. For most people I would advise against using the dayfile and standard monthly log file editors if you are using 3.6.12 (b. 3088) as you may see an error message, because of inconsistency with incomplete work in progress!
jlmr731 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 1:08 pm looks like 3.7 will have a database upgrade too
One feature about MX database tables is every update names columns, so for each version you must have at least each column that MX updates name, and yes as you say if a new version up to more columns than an old version, the new columns must be added.
Note it does not matter if you have extra columns that MX does not recognise in a table that MX is automatically updating.

My schema has always had different columns to those in standard MX tables. And my schema happens to already have Humidex column(s) for each of my database tables, that MX has been ignoring. My columns are already populated (although by scripts that run in arrears- at standard uploading time) in my tables.
So I will not need to do any changes to my schema when version 3.7.0 starts updating Humidex columns as well, but I will be able to stop some of my scripts. Other people will need to add the new columns, and I am sure the release announcement for 3.7.9 will include a script that will add the new columns.
Of course when MX is implementing updates for everyone from version 3.7.0, the calculations will mean they can be updated in real-time.
jlmr731 wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020 4:56 am I didnt check for diff on these but dated July 8 2020
/interface/thisyearrecseditor.html
/interface/thismonthrecseditor.html
/interface/monthlyrecseditor.html
/interface/alltimerecseditor.html
Yes all of these now allow you to update extreme records for Humidex.

I have as it happens done an update using the 3rd of the web pages you list above, because I have already worked out max and min humidex for each month. In a sense I have partially tested the beta without having it!

You missed 2 updated files in your list, the interface/js/dayfileeditor.js and interface/js/datalogs.js also now have extra Humidex fields that are blank for everybody.

Strangely although I elected not to take part in beta for 3.7.0, I find I now see the humidex values, in the standard log file editor and the daily summary log editor (as I calculate these independent of MX and add to old lines of log files using my script shared with all Cumulus users at viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18096&p=142634#p142634). One small note, the humidex formula I used in that script might not be same as the formula that MX will use in 3.7.0 as I have not seen that version yet.

It has made me slightly sad I did not finish my replacement log file editors. I was working on in-line editors (in response to challenge below when Mark first released these editors) and scrolling across through 54 columns is far easier than scrolling down through 54 rows in current editor, plus for the standard log editing mine calculates humidex amongst other derived values.
mcrossley Fri 13 Mar 2020 Version 3.4.5 - Build 3069 Adds Editors for: Dayfile, Standard Monthly Logs, Extra Sensor Monthly Logs
The main thrust of this release is to add some log file editing capability to Cumulus MX.
It works on all three log file types, but it is fairly basic at present. You can edit or delete lines in the files.
The editing has to be done via pop-up dialog. I only found two libraries that support JQuery dataTables editing,
one is very comprehensive - but costs $$$ - the other is free.
The free version does not currently support in-line editing of the table which is a shame.
Vegit8
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 10

Post by Vegit8 »

sfws wrote

Code: Select all

For most people I would advise against using the dayfile and standard monthly log file editors if you are using 3.6.12 (b. 3088) 
as you may see an error message, because of inconsistency with incomplete work in progress!
Is this the error referred to above?

Code: Select all

DataTables warning: table id=dayfile - Requested unknown parameter '51' for row 0, column 51. 
For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4