Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Changing Log Roll Over Time

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

senapsys
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: CentOS

Changing Log Roll Over Time

Post by senapsys »

Hi there

I've been running CumulusMX for many years now, with data also being stored in a MySQL database so that I have a longitudinal data series for my area. My current configuration has the logs rolling over at midnight. My preference would be to roll the logs over at 9.00am (which would then align with my local bureau of met) and I was wondering about changing this for an established setup. Obviously I can make the change using the settings option via the web interface which is simple enough.

My question is whether changing this will have any unintended consequences or present any issues? I'm assuming that from whenever I change it, the daily data going forward will reflect the 9.00am roll over, and any data prior to the change will reflect the midnight roll over. Apart from this nuance (which my hard core ex bureau of met friend will care deeply about) for the most part it won't be an issue.

Also, would there be an optimal time during the day to change it e.g. closer to midnight?

Regards

Richard