Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Re: CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Post by BCJKiwi »

This is an artefact of the spacer configured to position the page below the menu.
The next release eliminates the need for this spacer.
In the meantime it may be removed by changing this line (just below the <body> tag)
<table><tr><td style="line-height: 16px; ">&nbsp;</td></tr></table>
to
<table><tr><td style="line-height: 16px; border-top:hidden;">&nbsp;</td></tr></table>
The number of px may be different - retain the same number that you currently have.
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Thank you.

Regards
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

My thanks too.

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
billy
Weather Station: WLL / Davis VP2+
Operating System: RPi bullseye

Post by billy »

I have just got this working and wanted to say a big "thank you" to Brian for making it available - it's very neat :)

https://tillyspaws.com/vp2cmxui/index.php

Some comments and queries:
(1) My location webtag texts include an apostrophe and that prevented me getting off first base, so I replaced the single quotes around location and longlocation in CUtagsMXT.php by double quotes, and all was well.

(2) I happened to notice that the inside humidity popup doesn't work because HumIn.php doesn't exist in the distribution. It has mutated to HumI.php. I don't think inside humidity is usually of much interest!

(3) The setup is similar to PaulMY, keeping the original cumulus website intact and running the UI site "independently" (unlike Paul, they are in separate directories on my website). The UI site utilizes the realtimegauges.txt and json files that are uploaded for the old site, and this required changes so these files could be found. It took me a while to decipher where the changes needed to be made, but in the end there were only three - (a) gauges.js - "realTimeUrlCumulus"; (b) graphSettings.php - "$GRAPH['jsonloc']; and (c) cumuluscharts.js - all the URLs required a prefix. As an aside, the logic of the files for the gauges, and especially the popups, has eluded me for a very long time so this was an exercise expensive in time ;)

(4) I kept the UTF-8 encoding ticked for the NOAA reports, otherwise for other sites I get errors with the degree symbol. The solution I read (somewhere - can't find it now) of commenting out the preg_replace didn't work for me, but editing the echo to echo preg_replace(array('/\xC2/U','/\xB0/U'), array('&deg','&deg;'),$rpt); did (nb leave the two single quotes). Crude but it gave me the outcome I wanted.

(5) As for improvements, it would be nice to have crisper text for the gauges lcd - something like the "real" user interface. A quick look to see whether I could achieve this ended in failure.

(6) Finally, are there any instructions out there somewhere for setting up the "M" site for the davis console? I would really like to install that for my phone.
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

(5) It would be nice to have crisper text for the gauges lcd
In gauges.js, around line 49 change:-
digitalFont : true,
to
digitalFont : false,
This change is the default in the next release of the MXUI website.
(6) Are there any instructions out there somewhere for setting up the "M" site for the Davis console?
Well, no - You are the first person to ask about it!
It is something I could look at once I have the current work on the next release of the MXUI website completed. davconVp2CU_m.php is basically a stripped down version of the standard file set for the Davis Live Console with paths for some of the files pointing to the main site location.
It contains the full ./davcon folder plus
modified davconvp2CU_m.php & davconvp2CU-inc_m.php, header, footer, index, a .css, and a number of processed datafiles from the CumulusMX\web folder.
Hasn't been touched in some time so will need updating.
malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Post by malkie »

Rain units

My website has these templates in use and I'm very happy with the result, except for the Rain units.

I have my Cumulus set to UK English units, so Temperature in deg C, wind in mph, pressure in hPa and rain in inches.

Yes I know it is inconsistent, but so be it.

I can set ajaxCUmx.js to E(US) or M (metric) but I do not want temperature in Fahrenheit. I can live with rain values in mm (which is what I am getting) if that is the only way, but how do I change the rain units so the web pages show 'mm' instead of 'in.''?

Thanks in anticipation.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Unfortunately there are historical issues with the way units options are handled (or not!) which have been inherited.
Not all options are available.

This should be resolved in the next release where this area (and a number of others) have been re-written.
malkie

Post by malkie »

BCJKiwi wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:50 pm Unfortunately there are historical issues with the way units options are handled (or not!) which have been inherited.
Not all options are available.

This should be resolved in the next release where this area (and a number of others) have been re-written.
Thanks for that, I look forward to the update.

For now I have done a quick and dirty edit of the Index, Now and Today/Yesterday pages to directly enter the rain units in mm. At least the information is correct now.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
billy

Post by billy »

Just happened to notice Heat Index is a little high at "43.4". Not bad for winter ;) . Probably picking up the wrong tag - all time high? I see Tony's Beaumaris weather is also reporting a high value.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

6 Celsius happens to be 43 Fahrenheit. Coincidence? Or units?
Freddie
billy

Post by billy »

Coincidence here's the latest snapshot. I haven't dealt with Fahrenheit since school days, and thank goodness the days of -32 and 5/9 have past by - about 5 decades ago here. I will have a look at the code but I'm pretty sure it's showing the record high AT. I probably should hide heat index and wind chill - they are not very useful here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
malkie

Post by malkie »

My web site is doing the same,

http://elm30net.ddns.net/

37.7C is my all time Apparent record.

Let me know how you get on, I’m relying on Cellular at the moment so can’t post a cut down image.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
billy

Post by billy »

Line 154 of index.php edit "echo $heatindexH" to "echo $heatindexTH" seems to do the trick.

edit: also same change required on line 175 (if apparent temp is being suppressed)
malkie

Post by malkie »

billy wrote: Fri 07 Aug 2020 8:25 am Line 154 of index.php edit "echo $heatindexH" to "echo $heatindexTH" seems to do the trick.

edit: also same change required on line 175 (if apparent temp is being suppressed)
Thanks for the tip.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Thanks for the tip!
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit