Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Build 3083 - SFTP error then crash

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Vegit8
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 10

Build 3083 - SFTP error then crash

Post by Vegit8 »

Hi Mark
Still no joy - sorry

Running 3083 from this morning, crashed this evening.
I am sure there was another upload to YouTube going on, as remote connection to the laptop was very slow.

Have enabled debug mode.
Diags attached

Code: Select all

2020-06-09 20:50:00.239 SFTP: Error uploading /home/geoff/CumulusMX/web/gauges-ssT.htmtmp to public_html/weather/gauges-ss.htm : Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'System.Threading.AutoResetEvent'.
!!! Unhandled Exception !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Build 3083 - SFTP error then crash

Post by mcrossley »

Grr, SFTP is proving a bit of mare!

Its a bit hard to see the problem without debug logging on. I see FTP logging was on though.

The crash occurred in the interval SFTP upload, I'll check that all code catches errors as well as opening files in read-only mode.

I see you are still uploading "gauges-ssT.htm" at the real time interval. As I said before, that file only needs to be processed and uploaded ONCE. Then forget about it.
Vegit8
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 10

Re: Build 3083 - SFTP error then crash

Post by Vegit8 »

Hi
Now have stop - usual reason.
Uploading - gauges-ssT.htm - stopped, I got confused by the filename, I was looking at the resultant file on the remote site, missed the T attribute - duh!

Debug log attached.

What confuses me is that the other files all get uploaded with no issues - they use SFTP as well. What is different about the realtime upload (apart from frequency)?

An interesting aside.
When restarting MX - the realtime upload still fails.
To get it running I have to open realtime.txt (it has zero bytes), and close it.
It then gets populated properly afterwards.
It seems the file gets locked (like a table lock in a database).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.