Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

The 3.8.2 release and beyond

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

The 3.8.2 release and beyond

Post by HansR »

I must say that I am pretty satisfied with the 3.8.2 release. :D
I don't see any problems or wishes at the moment and the user comments seem to have died out. 8-)
So:
  • I am looking for confirmation of the near perfect status of the tool or....
  • If you disagree with that status please give an indication what should be done ;)
  • I am looking for a list of wishes which cannot be accomplished - or are very difficult to accomplish - by the UserMenu technique. I have been thinking about weather warnings but that is quite divers globally so, seen Segur-le-Chateau, I think maybe you better can do it yourself. But anyway: shoot :idea:
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: The 3.8.2 release and beyond

Post by PaulMy »

Works great and updates are easy to do :clap: - just make sure you read and understand the release notes.
My only issue is that my computer/browser seems to cache a lot and it takes forever to check and see if a version update or new cumulusmxutils.exe run has actually been updated and executed (using 2 desktops each with 3 browsers to find one that shows the updates). Not a Cumulusutils issue as I have the same with wBox for which I had 5 different times shown in different browsers :roll:

Is it possible that the cumulusutils cached files can be deleted when viewing the template page?

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
HansR

Post by HansR »

PaulMy wrote: Mon 08 Jun 2020 3:32 pm Works great and updates are easy to do :clap: - just make sure you read and understand the release notes.
:D OK, that's good.
PaulMy wrote: Mon 08 Jun 2020 3:32 pm My only issue is that my computer/browser seems to cache a lot and it takes forever to check and see if a version update or new cumulusmxutils.exe run has actually been updated and executed (using 2 desktops each with 3 browsers to find one that shows the updates). Not a Cumulusutils issue as I have the same with wBox for which I had 5 different times shown in different browsers :roll:
The only "runtime"-caching issue I know of is what has been described in the manual which can be resolved by a line in the htaccess.

Code: Select all

Header add "Cache-Control" "no-cache"
The disadvantage is that all caching is disabled which takes more bandwidth.
But after updating I notice the same problem you mention. To prevent issues I have an 'empty cache' plugin installed on my browser. But I agree it is not satisfactory and I will be looking further. At the moment only the addon I mention is my only solution.
Aantekening 2020-06-08 210135.png
PaulMy wrote: Mon 08 Jun 2020 3:32 pm Is it possible that the cumulusutils cached files can be deleted when viewing the template page?
Not when viewing but when you run the update, before you go to the page, you empty the cache. It is not something I can do from the code if that is what you are asking. If that is possible, I am open for code suggestions (not on a per browser basis)

Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hans

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

Hi,
I've updated to 3.8.2 and there is a problem:
Log entry:
2020-06-08 22:51:19.440 Support constructor
2020-06-08 22:51:19.471 Support constructor : Unit Wind (m/s, mph, km/h, kts): 2
2020-06-08 22:51:19.471 Support constructor : Unit Pressure (mb,hPa,inHg): 1
2020-06-08 22:51:19.471 Support constructor : Unit Rain (mm,in): 0
2020-06-08 22:51:19.471 Support constructor : Unit T (C,F): 0
2020-06-08 22:51:19.471 Invalid Locale:
I don't do any change in cumulusutils.ini.
What's wrong?
Laurent

kocher
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2+
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kocher »

I have installed version 3.8.2 and everything works perfectly. :clap: :clap: :clap:
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

@laulau,
In your cumulusutils.ini try-
Language=fr-fr

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

Thanks Paul,
I had changed that in one of the installation and forgot to do the same on the other :bash:
Laurent

HansR

Post by HansR »

Great to see problems solve itself in my absence :D
Hans

billy
Weather Station: WLL / Davis VP2+
Operating System: RPi bullseye

Post by billy »

HansR wrote: Mon 08 Jun 2020 10:47 am I must say that I am pretty satisfied with the 3.8.2 release. :D
So am I :)
You must be congratulated :clap: -
I'm not looking for more but will probably accept anything that comes along ;)
HansR

Post by HansR »

Thanks all for the remarks.
  1. There is a tiny request for replacing the UTC time to the bottom of the list of three times so the order would become:
    Station - Browser - UTC
    Can't see any objection there, but you never know how attached some of you have become to the interface. Without any remarks consider it changed. In case of objection I count +/- and go for the winner :lol: Can't make it more democratic than this.
  2. In the same go I'll move the last update time to just below the date.
  3. Another minor request is the reversal of the WindRose legend so the lowest windspeed is on top iso the highest (as it is now). Same +/- technique as above.
  4. The thrifty system knows different techniques to optimize generation and uploading. One of which is a generation/upload on certain frequency (2d day of month, every week, 2d day of year etc...). Those frequencies are fixed. Especially for graphs at a certain moment you start to notice. Would it be interesting to have that configurable. This would add some parameters. Or would you deem this too complex? Comments are welcome.
  5. An outstanding wish is the automatic refresh of the cumuluscharts (say: the home page) if it is active. Granted, not sure when.
There will be some minor changes coming up as a last improvement release 3.8.3, but I will postpone it until ... well some time. So far it's mostly cosmetic, code efficiency and one minor bug. Nothing serious. So keep coming with the remarks ;)
Functional requests are allowed of course, but that, unless easy, will be done after summer break.
Any changes for a coming release can be reviewed on my site before release of course :)
Hans

kocher
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2+
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by kocher »

Greetings to all

Hans, would it be possible to see the "windrun" on the main page? (I think we discussed it earlier).

The reason for this is that it provides us with better information about the behavior of the wind than the values of the means. For example, knowing that we have had a maximum gust of 72 km/h, makes more sense when we see that the "windrun" has been 400 km. :idea:

Congratulations on your successes :clap:
HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Javier, Thanks! :)
kocher wrote: Wed 10 Jun 2020 5:58 pm Hans, would it be possible to see the "windrun" on the main page? (I think we discussed it earlier).
I understand the importance you see in the windrun but I can't remember discussing the windrun on the dashboard, we discussed the windrun in the records page and it is there.

Where would you like to have the windrun? Because the odometer in the windrose is the windrun. So putting it the in the Wind frame below Beaufort would be two times the same number beside each other. So I am inclined not to do it in that frame. Question is: where were you thinking to put it and did you look at the odometer? If the odometer is difficult to read, I could repeat the number below the gauge? But to be honest, I prefer not to because it is already there.
kocher wrote: Wed 10 Jun 2020 5:58 pm The reason for this is that it provides us with better information about the behavior of the wind than the values of the means. For example, knowing that we have had a maximum gust of 72 km/h, makes more sense when we see that the "windrun" has been 400 km. :idea:
Yes, I understand the value of the windrun, certainly in the Gulf of Biscay ;)
Hans