Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data not written to database

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderators: saratogaWX, weatherist34

ole.vik
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Win 2012

Data not written to database

Post by ole.vik »

Hi

Just installed the template and it seemingly Works as it should. But, when i check the db, nothing is written there.
So i guess a lot of statistics are getting lost atm. Any chance of getting a pointer to how i can go by to fix this?
I have double and triple checked the db_name, db_user and db_host parameters, so that should be correct.
The database and tables are generated. Perhaps there is some testscript i could try against the db?

Site: https://www.tyrirabben.net
ole.vik
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Win 2012

Re: Data not written to database

Post by ole.vik »

So..no one? I can provide more info if wanted.

As mentioned, my database is working, i just can't find out where and how data is supposed to be written to it.
Do i have to set up a Cron job? Do i have to specify somewhere that the realtime data, should be written to the database?

The only Reference i have found on using the defined database in the setup script, is in the Cron scripts. But then only
as a Source for chartgeneration.

if ($chartsource =="mbcharts"){
//connect to mysqli db for homeweatherstation save to csv files october 2017
$conn = mysqli_connect($db_host,$db_user,$db_pass,$db_name);
$result = mysqli_query($conn,'SELECT * FROM `weatherstation`');
if (!$result) die('Couldn\'t fetch records');

First of all, where do i define the variable "mbcharts" ? If i had historical data in my database, i'd like to use that Source instead of WU
Second, to get actual data into the referenced MySQL database - i cant find any scripts doing it. I've sniffed tcp Connections from the
webserver, and it never tries to even contact the sql server. Not even when i specify the host/user/pass in the initial setup.

Any help appreciated. If its not possible, please let me know. I hate losing historical data.