Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Reworked default websites

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Reworked default websites

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all.

Over the past few weeks, I have been reworking all of the default websites used by Cumulus. I.e., the local website used by MX users to manage their data, the provided template for publication on the web and also, the original web template provided by v1.9.

All of these have been initially made similar to the originals but using w3.css templates rather than bootstrap. As such they are all responsive but (I think) easier to modify to your own requirements. I have used the opportunity to upgrade the gauges used on the original site to use steel gauges. I have also modified the charts.js and steelgauges.js files on the MX systems to reduce the files size (without minimising them so it still easy to modify further) and tidy up some of the duplicated code. My live site is also constructed using w3.css.

I have made them all available on my site - http://oaktreewebs.co.uk/resources.php and if you are interested, feel free to download them and check them out. Please feel free to let me know of any issues I need t sort out and if there are any improvements you think I can still make.

On that page is also an alternative moon image that changes as required that you are free to download. Its larger than the original one but I will shortly by adding a second that is a similar size to the original.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Re: Reworked default websites

Post by jlmr731 »

Looks very nice and quick and easy to navigate around.
Now i could download the moon link but the other 2 links did not do anything.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Ooops

Slight coding issue. You should be able to download both MX sites now. I assume you were able to view the screenshot slideshow.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all.

The moon image has now been updated and contains 3 variations; one 90 x 90 pix, one 135 x 135px and a new version 180 x 180px. It's all in one package with a 'read me' file to explain how to use.

Feel free to use.
Neil Thomas
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Hi Neil

Great stuff! Thanks for allowing the use of the local template on MX. I have I used it myself. I did start customising it all a while back, and then i forgot about it and gave up. This is nice and clean, I like it. :)

I have added my own background, but I seem to have an issue viewing the gauges. It will show every tooltip of the gauges at the bottom of the page, until I run my cursor over them - they disappear. If I hover over the gauges again, they show at the bottom of the page again, at full width. I know this isn't to do with your reworking, as I had the issue before.
2017-02-02 (1).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

NeilThomas wrote:Hi all.

The moon image has now been updated and contains 3 variations; one 90 x 90 pix, one 135 x 135px and a new version 180 x 180px. It's all in one package with a 'read me' file to explain how to use.

Feel free to use.
Noticed today that the new images are reversed, waxing not waning so have updated all to be correct. It was possible to use the images by using a bit of maths in the scripts but I would advise downloading the new zip file as I have renamed the images as wells correcting them.
:bash: :groan:
Neil Thomas
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Mapantz wrote:Hi Neil

Great stuff! Thanks for allowing the use of the local template on MX. I have I used it myself. I did start customising it all a while back, and then i forgot about it and gave up. This is nice and clean, I like it. :)

I have added my own background, but I seem to have an issue viewing the gauges. It will show every tooltip of the gauges at the bottom of the page, until I run my cursor over them - they disappear. If I hover over the gauges again, they show at the bottom of the page again, at full width. I know this isn't to do with your reworking, as I had the issue before.

2017-02-02 (1).png
Hi I did have a similar issue while I was developing the pages so I will have a look back through what I did to see if I can shed some light on a solution. It's more than likely to do with a missing or extra <div> tag (or closing tag) but I will get back to you if I identify the issue on my system.
Neil Thomas
colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by colinpb »

Hi Neil

The download buttons for MX don't work for me; though the moon phase and 1.9.4 download buttons work. I have tried using both Chrome and Firefox.

Colin
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

colinpb wrote:Hi Neil

The download buttons for MX don't work for me; though the moon phase and 1.9.4 download buttons work. I have tried using both Chrome and Firefox.

Colin
Here you go.

http://oaktreewebs.co.uk/resources/Alte ... alSite.zip

http://oaktreewebs.co.uk/resources/CumulusMX-Site.zip
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

glennpm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by glennpm »

Thanks Simon, much appreciated.

Glenn
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Toxic17 wrote:
colinpb wrote:Hi Neil

Colin
Here you go.

http://oaktreewebs.co.uk/resources/Alte ... alSite.zip

http://oaktreewebs.co.uk/resources/CumulusMX-Site.zip
Hi all that have had difficulty downloading the MX resources. Apologies, for that, they now work as required.

Neil T.
Neil Thomas
jnstllng
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Raspian, Windows 7, Windows 10

Post by jnstllng »

Hej Neil,

I appreciate your work on making the default web templates up to date. I downloaded the files and made them work for me. However, I struggeld on some little details which I fixed today. You can check the result here:

https://wetter.teamstelling.de

One thing I need to mention is the weatherstyles.css in the webfiles folder which is the original one. I checked your demo page and compared the weatherstyles.css and finally that solved this issue!

Many thanks for the work!
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Seems to be currently a fault with the site that is referenced at
NeilThomas wrote: Sun 29 Jan 2017 2:02 pm I have made them all available on my site
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

sfws wrote: Sat 23 May 2020 8:59 am Seems to be currently a fault with the site that is referenced at
NeilThomas wrote: Sun 29 Jan 2017 2:02 pm I have made them all available on my site
it was 3 years ago ;)
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

I think he's still there, just use https
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3