Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Post by PaulMy »

Can you tell me where the 4 above mentioned MXT files should be :?:
Maybe I didn't quite get it right after all, hence my question.
Since these are extra web files to be processed by CumulusMX it really doesn't matter where they are located, as you specify in the Extra web files settings the local file path/name of your choice.

Your http://element14.serverthuis.nl/ is working with a modified indexT.htm and has extra web files added for the Davcon scripts you seem to be aware of the process. I suggest you follow that example for the new CumulusMX MXUI install BUT adding the /cumulusmx remote folder in your internet settings. Set Internet Web/FTP settings to include the standard and graph data files and then see if that is working. Then you can work on the MXUI changes.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Request help configuring CumulusMX UI style to show METAR conditions in the Cloudbase graphic from the theUIwebsiteMX_Options.
Do I need to change anything in the get-metarSA-inc.php?
In cloudbaseCUmx.php I have set my local airfield ICAO to EGLF (Farnborough).
There is a 'cache' folder on the web site/public_html/cache which is empty.

What else need I do?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Is that METAR providing the current conditions text?
My loccal CYXU shows Conditions https://www.checkwx.com/weather/CYXU/metar
But that does not seem to be in https://www.checkwx.com/weather/EGLF/metar at least at the moment

All I have done is edit cloudbaseCUmx.php to use CYXU and no change in get-metarSA-inc.php www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Dennisdg

Post by Dennisdg »

Thanks Paul.

I'll try another airfield (RAF) later. EGKK & EGLL are a bit far to being useful here.
Dennis

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

@ Gregorean
My apologies,
I saw the tree of files and assumed they were of the website, not the Cumulus folder. It was late ant night and I was not paying attention !! Have to stop replying to posts late at night :bash:

However the issue still remains, as far as I can tell, the processed files do not appear to be on the website.

Perhaps you could provide us with screen shots of the file tree for the website with all the files that are in the
http://element14.serverthuis.nl/cumulusmx/
folder.
Last edited by BCJKiwi on Fri 22 May 2020 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

@Dennis

Military (RAF) airports usually stop giving METAR info at night :?

If you visit me here it will show the nearest currently reporting stations, and others that should be available but may be part time.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

beteljuice wrote: Fri 22 May 2020 10:01 pmMilitary (RAF) airports usually stop giving METAR info at night
Not true these days. METARs are 24/7 - they are automated at night.
Freddie
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: METAR

Post by sfws »

There are a lot of off topic posts, note that for this post I have changed the subject.

I accept my experience of METARS is from several years ago now, and might not reflect current practice. Small local airports like Cambridge EGSC close at night, so it and similar ones elsewhere only produces METAR during daytime. (EDITED OUT OTHER EXAMPLES)

Anyway traditional alphanumeric METARs, as I posted a few years ago, are being replaced by a new system based on XML and geographical based data coding. Most public airfields are already using the new system, and it is not designed to be shared with public. This is why the BAA, and similar organisations, throughout the world no longer share METARs, it is only that one USA site where you can still read them directly, although a lot of different sites then store them in local databases so you can see the 24 hour set e.g. https://www.checkwx.com/weather/EGVA/history. Find my old forum post on METARs to read a PDF I wrote about them, and my experiences in decoding worldwide ones (I linked to it in another post not that long ago).
Last edited by sfws on Fri 18 Mar 2022 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennisdg

Post by Dennisdg »

PaulMy wrote: Fri 22 May 2020 5:11 pm Is that METAR providing the current conditions text?
My loccal CYXU shows Conditions https://www.checkwx.com/weather/CYXU/metar
But that does not seem to be in https://www.checkwx.com/weather/EGLF/metar at least at the moment

All I have done is edit cloudbaseCUmx.php to use CYXU and no change in get-metarSA-inc.php www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php

Enjoy,
Paul
It does seem my local airfield EGLF (no longer military) issues METARs during the daytime. However I have tried a number of ICAO names including CYXU, EGLL, EGKK which are H24 and still can't get a result. When I set $showCaption = true; I get a yellow '-' when I try to receive METAR I guess stating no data received?
Setting $getMetar = false; the yellow '-' is replaced with meaningful text as a forecast is used.
So to my simple mind, I haven't configured something correctly but what?
Dennis

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
sfws

Post by sfws »

Dennisdg wrote: Fri 22 May 2020 4:31 pm Request help configuring CumulusMX UI style to show METAR conditions in the Cloudbase graphic from the theUIwebsiteMX_Options.
Do I need to change anything in the get-metarSA-inc.php?
In cloudbaseCUmx.php I have set my local airfield ICAO to EGLF (Farnborough).
I use the same site as PaulMy to check the history for past METARs when I need to.

EGLF (Farnborough) gives local conditions when I try it using my own code to view this METAR, to display the actual message, and how it translates. The current METAR is
2020/05/23 11:20 METAR EGLF 231120Z 24013KT 9999 FEW036CB 15/08 Q1022 RESHRA
and that includes current conditions as cloudy.

(EDIT - removed text about extracting information from METARs)
Last edited by sfws on Fri 18 Mar 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

sfws wrote: Sat 23 May 2020 12:28 pmWithin the UK there is variation on how METAR are coded, some code based on RAF standards, some use USAF standards, and some follow CAA standards. With that knowledge, I would not be surprised if Farnborough is non-standard. I use the same site as PaulMy to check the history for past METARs when I need to.
This is an area I have done a lot of work in over the past 12 years. Since November 2019 there is no difference in coding between CAA and military in the UK, as military colour code data is now encapsulated in the RMK section. There are still differences between UK standard and USAF such as Mildenhall, Lakenheath etc.
Freddie
sfws

Post by sfws »

Thank you for telling me about changes in last 6 months, as I mentioned my knowledge is several years outdated. If I ever update my METAR suite, you have mentioned the first change I must make.

Maybe you can share via PM any other useful METAR updates to save clutter in Brian's topic.
Dennisdg

Post by Dennisdg »

beteljuice wrote: Fri 22 May 2020 10:01 pm @Dennis

Military (RAF) airports usually stop giving METAR info at night :?

If you visit me here it will show the nearest currently reporting stations, and others that should be available but may be part time.
Thanks for sharing your site. Impressive.
Dennis

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
Gregorean
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4B

Post by Gregorean »

BCJKiwi wrote: Fri 22 May 2020 8:53 pm @ Gregorean
My apologies,
I saw the tree of files and assumed they were of the website, not the Cumulus folder. It was late ant night and I was not paying attention !! Have to stop replying to posts late at night :bash:

However the issue still remains, as far as I can tell, the processed files do not appear to be on the website.

Perhaps you could provide us with screen shots of the file tree for the website with all the files that are in the
http://element14.serverthuis.nl/cumulusmx/
folder.
Hello Brian, you don't have to make excuses, I saw all that was going on late at night, I know you're going to make mistakes if you don't remember things so clearly.
I've checked everything again and changed some things and I'm way beyond that, I'm now ready to have data in the webroot,
so in
realtime-MX.txt
realtimetagsMX.php
realtimegauges.txt
recordsMX.js
CUtagsMX.php
The problem is in ''include'', I looked in the php error log and immediately saw where the error is. :o

Code: Select all

2020/05/29 14:00:29 [error] 917#917: *1188 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(CUtags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'CUtags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.181, server: _, request: "GET /cumulusmx/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.131".
2020/05/29 14:00:34 [error] 917#917: *1188 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(CUtags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'CUtags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.181, server: _, request: "GET /cumulusmx/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.131".
2020/05/29 14:00:36 [error] 917#917: *1188 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(CUtags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'CUtags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.181, server: _, request: "GET /cumulusmx/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.131".
2020/05/29 14:03:03 [error] 917#917: *1192 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(CUtags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'CUtags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.181, server: _, request: "GET /cumulusmx/settings.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.131".
It include_path='.:/usr/share/php' is probably not correct I don't know what to fill in there now.
I'm betting something underneath that if include works the website works, but now the missing link.
Maybe you can help me a little further in this difficult matter for me.

Greetings Sjaak.
Weather Station: Amersfoort-Nieuwland, The Netherlands.
http://element14.synology.me
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

Well... this:-

PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(CUtags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14
Just confirms what we have been saying - the files are not being uploaded to the correct location.

As I have zero knowledge of the intricacies of your set up I can only guess but this:-

Failed opening required 'CUtags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/cumulusmx/settings.php on line 14 while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.181
Could be the key to working out where the files should be loaded ??

CUtags.php should be in the same folder as settings.php.
When you uploaded the webfiles folder files where did you send them? This is the place CUtags.php needs to be sent.