One of the main features of CumulusUtils is the Website Generator which gives the beginner a head start with respect to other website tools and templates, no PHP or other scripting involved. If you have common knowledge of a computer and have CumulusMX installed, you are set for an easy installation and quick use of the CumulusUtils Website. Prepare a website domain, accessible through FTP to start. The generated site is best for the larger monitors, although it's responsive design makes it well usable on tablets and phones as well. It also has lots of graphs showing you the past data and the site may be expanded through User Extensions in the modifiable menu.
Beyond the site generator, Cumulusutils is a modular utility which supplies a Fire Weather Index and additional (more or less) simple HTML formatted functions for websites, which are otherwise more difficult to get. Modules and generator can all be used independently. All modules and the generated site can be seen operational on my site. Read the Manual (in the distribution) for information on how to use.
The following functionalities are included:
- A Website Generator (all modules will be used).
- A Fire Weather Index (pwsFWI) specially designed for personal weather stations (see scientific background and other blogs).
- Website, including user extensions possibility.
- Graphs (Rain, Temperature, Wind, Solar - when available - and Miscellaneous);
- YADR – Yet Another Dayfile Reader (subset of all data);
- Records, Day records and a top10 record list;
- A system info page.
- A Map showing Cumulus(utils) installations
- NOAA reports
- User Reports
- Station Map (only useful for larger monitors)
- Air Quality with a Table View and Graph View
(for the Davis AirLink and my own FakeAirLink, only when sensors available)
There is an optional internal FTP facility to upload output to wherever you like on your internet domain.
For support purposes, CumulusUtils generates a cumulusutils.log file and an FTPlog.txt file. In [the unlikely] case of trouble, please send it.
NOTE: If you use deviating units from what I personally use (e.g. imperial units) you enter untested parts of the program so be prepared to communicate with me.
NOTE: read this thread backwards for release notes and the status of the tool, read the manual for the complete release notes.
NOTE: the installation has changed as from version 4.7.0: install executables in utils/bin and run as 'utils/bin/cumulusutils.exe [work]' from the CumulusMX directory.