Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: CumulusMX and Cumulus1 UI style Multilingual Websites

Post by sfws »

Frank G wrote: Sun 26 Apr 2020 4:14 pm If you have a hint for me what I did wrong with the charts, I would appreciate.
The data files needed for charts are those ending in .json and found locally in CumulusMX/web

Are they uploaded to your web space?
I think not to the folder where you have installed the UI web site because the developer feature in my browser reports 404 - not found.
Frank G
Weather Station: WH1080 SE
Operating System: 5.4.79.7, Raspbian GNU/Linux

Post by Frank G »

The data files needed for charts are those ending in .json and found locally in CumulusMX/web
Are they uploaded to your web space?
Yes, they are uploaded to the web, but in my standard Cumulus folder. In the graphSettings.php I set the path to the folder with the '.json files. And it works for the gauges (mouseover, tooltip with graphs/charts) but not for the charts. I'm a little bit puzzled, do I have to set the path to the *.json files for the charts in another settings-file (I had a look in several files, but can't find anything) or what did I wrong?
It works, when I copy the *.json files in my CMX-UI root folder, but I want avoid double data keeping.
Frank
Weather at Buchenau/Germany: https://wetter.buchenau-net.de
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Frank,
Possibly editing \js\cumuluscharts.js for the url: files which is likely "graphconfig.json" 'tempdata.json' etc. I remember needing to do that for the cumulusutils

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Frank G
Weather Station: WH1080 SE
Operating System: 5.4.79.7, Raspbian GNU/Linux

Post by Frank G »

Possibly editing \js\cumuluscharts.js for the url: files which is likely "graphconfig.json" 'tempdata.json' etc. I remember needing to do that for the cumulusutils
That was the key. Had to set a relativ path to the "standard" Cumulus *.json files. I had a look in the cumulschars.js so often, but didn't find the "url". Thanks for the eye opener. :)
Frank
Weather at Buchenau/Germany: https://wetter.buchenau-net.de
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Frank,
Very good, glad that got resolved.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

Updated Moon MoonPercent image set available in first post his thread.

A number of the images were out of sequence.
griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

I have 2 matters for discussion.

Firstly, I have not found anywhere on the scripts where the date is shown. I believe that to be worthwhile information to be shown. My solution is shown on this attachment:
website with date.jpg
How I achieved this was to change line 6 of nav_menu.php to:

<span lang="en"><?php echo /* $location ." - ". */ $longlocation . " - " . date("l j F Y") ; ?></span>

There may be better or more preferred ways of achieving a better result which is more in line with the overall design of the scripts.

Secondly, the NOAA reports generated by noaareports.php do not show degrees, minutes and seconds correctly in the header.

Here are examples of mine for April 2020 and Year 2020 and the scripts encoding. From my Notepad++ shots there seems to be a difference in the encoding used.
noaareports.php encoding.jpg
NOAAMO0420.txt encoding.jpg
NOAAYR2020.txt encoding.jpg
Could someone suggest a fix please.

The URL for these sripts is :https://www.kstwx.net/mxtest/index.php

best wishes

Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Hmm
Don't know why the date is not shown anywhere and the time is only shown on the dashboard.
Something to add on the next version.

Well I have no control over the degree, minutes, seconds indicators - this would have to be added to CumulusMX.
They existed in Cumulus1 but I don't think they have ever been in MX.
There was a problem with the indicators showing strange characters so that may be why they never made it into MX ?
However the issue of the strange characters was been resolved on release of these templates.

So place a request with the MX development team to add them to MX.

It is not clear to me what you mean by a "difference in the encoding" unless you are referring to the missing degree, minute, second symbols.
sfws

Post by sfws »

Answer deleted, question misunderstood.
Last edited by sfws on Fri 26 Jun 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sutne
Weather Station: HP2553 (WS80) and HP2564 (WS90)
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye and Bookworm

Post by sutne »

There should be a date, but not in the header.
It should be in the Time box and be the date of the last update.

http://www.rjoandveret.no/webfilesMX/index.php
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

It will be in the header so it is available on all pages.
griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

Here are my thoughts and further contributions re my previous post.
BCJKiwi wrote: Thu 30 Apr 2020 5:09 am Hmm
Don't know why the date is not shown anywhere and the time is only shown on the dashboard.
Something to add on the next version.
BCJKiwi wrote: Thu 30 Apr 2020 8:09 am It will be in the header so it is available on all pages.
Regarding the date, I support BCJKiwi's position re the placement and as far as the rollover is concerned its at 12 midnight so for me, it has to always be correct to show today's date.
sfws wrote: Thu 30 Apr 2020 7:14 am Encoding should be according to parameter within the NOAA report setting screen selection. If you are saying, as I think you are, MX is using different encodings for the monthly and yearly reports then please explain what is different in your set-up. I have the UTF-8 option ticked in my settings and both my monthly and yearly reports (with version 3.5.4 of MX with .Net not Mono) are created with same UTF-8 without BOM encoding. So I don't see your problem, what versions of MX and Mono are you using?

In Steve Loft's early release announcements, there were a number of fixes because his beta MX was not being consistent in the encoding used for these reports (all of these fixes should have same effect on both reports). For example, the format used when UTF-8 is not selected was wrong until he subsequently fixed it (build 3036). He also had issues (fixed build 3035) where UTF-8 BOM was being incorrectly used and where Mono was over-riding the encoding users selected.
BCJKiwi wrote: Thu 30 Apr 2020 5:09 am It is not clear to me what you mean by a "difference in the encoding" unless you are referring to the missing degree, minute, second symbols.
Regarding the NOAA matter, one can see the encoding of each of the 3 examples at the bottom right of each of the Notepad++ v.7.8.5 (64-bit) screenshots. This indicates that the noaareports.php script (silveracorn.nz UIMXwebsite Version 1.0.1) is encoded in UTF-8 and Windows (CR RF) whilst the 2 reports generated by that script are produced with ANSI (Macintosh(CR)) encoding. I may be wrong, but that seems to be the problem with the degree etc indicators not being included and/or shown incorrectly. The two examples in my previous post are those produced in the current month. By editing all other reports in my directory using Notepad++, I have been able to get them displaying correctly.
BCJKiwi wrote: Thu 30 Apr 2020 5:09 am So place a request with the MX development team to add them to MX.
Please accept such a request.

Best wishes

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
sfws

Post by sfws »

Answer deleted
Last edited by sfws on Fri 26 Jun 2020 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Re NOAA Reports.
I have a double °° Temperature (°°C) since using CumulusMX UI style. OK before using the original CumulusMX.
Correctly showing only one ° Temperature (°C) in http://localhost:8998/noaamonthreport.html.
Same issue using Microsoft Edge Google Chrome in Windows 10 and Chrome Android.
Appreciate help in fixing.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
sfws

Post by sfws »

As you are generating your file as UTF-8, it already has a degree symbol before the "C" for Celsius.

BCJKIwi's script inserts a degree symbol for both the character "\xC2" (that is a space) and the character "\xB0" (which is already a degree symbol in UTF-8), hence giving you that unwanted double degree symbol because the UTF-8 encoded report includes the space and the degree symbol next to each other.

Solution:
The script in noaareports.php has a number of lines with "preg_replace". All except one have a "//" in front to comment them out.
Put "#" in front of existing line with "preg_replace" but without "//" at start to stop it inserting 2 degree symbols, leaving the one you already have.

EDIT: Just to make it clear for other people, BCJKiwi's How To says generate these reports in ISO-8859-1 (not UTF-8), so that removes the degree symbol, which his script then inserts where it finds a "\xC2" (still a space in ISO-8859-1) and also where it finds a "\xB0" (not a degree symbol in ISO-8859-1). This does not produce a double degree symbol, because these two characters don't appear together in the ISO-8859-1 encoded report.
Last edited by sfws on Fri 26 Jun 2020 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.