Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SOLVED BUILD 3070 (Build 3069 - does anyone else have problems with Settings?)

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Build 3069 - does anyone else have problems with Settings?

Post by sfws »

EDIT - please disregard this post, left because it has been responded to

Now I am really confused...

I noticed that \CumulusMX\interface\now.html had one block with heading "Humidity" and another with heading "Temperature and Humidity".
I edited the latter to just "Temperature" and got an instant change when I reloaded that page within the user interface (without stop/start of MX engine).

However, earlier I had made a small change to \CumulusMX\interface\todayyest.html. That page remains unchanged when viewed within the user interface, so the interface is not viewing the page it should somehow. EDIT - this problem has been resolved, I put an opening HTML comment tag in a position that upset the browser.

Could this be the problem I am having with settings, the interface is not reading the file it should? It fits in with what I was seeing about dates.
Last edited by sfws on Mon 23 Mar 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

If you make changes to interface resources (whether it is HTML, CSS, JS) then they will be used by MX instantly. What is probably happening is that your web browser is cacheing the resources, so you are seeing cached copy rather than the one you have actually changed. Try clearing out your browser cache - or doing a forced refresh of the page you are viewing.

Incidentally - regarding the problem you are seeing with the settings menu: have you been using your "dev tools" window (usually opened by F12) to look for problems? This is an invaluable resource that will flag problems that a web page has accessing other resources, or problems with the resources themselves (e.g. javascript exceptions/errors that may otherwise be hidden).
Freddie
sfws

Post by sfws »

Freddie, thank you for your helpful advice.
freddie wrote: Mon 23 Mar 2020 8:25 am doing a forced refresh of the page you are viewing
I have been doing that. I also close firefox and start it again as well as clicking reload, plus I have been approaching the problem pages from all other possible pages. For the todayyest.html I mentioned, it was not doing a cache, but I have sorted that problem, the browser did not like what I surrounded with the HTML comments, it upset the table structure, having moved the offending opening comment tag to a slightly different place, it has accepted my modification instantly.
freddie wrote: Mon 23 Mar 2020 8:25 am have you been using your "dev tools" window (usually opened by F12) to look for problems? This is an invaluable resource that will flag problems that a web page has accessing other resources, or problems with the resources themselves (e.g. javascript exceptions/errors that may otherwise be hidden).
No, I have not been doing that, but you are right it has been useful to me in the past. In this context, I was so wrapped up in being proud of myself for trying MX, I have not looked outside the MX files. So I am doing that as I type here.

Here are the two main Development windows, console and network for station settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Foolproof Firefox reload from server not using cache is Ctrl+F5. Reloading the browser does not ensure that all elements are reloaded from server it looks at the temp(cache) area first for images etc. first.

To make it always load from server.
If you want Firefox to always download the latest files then you can change the doc frequency setting like this:

type this into the address bar: about:config
you will see a long list of settings with a "Search" bar at the top of the page
type this into the Search: browser.cache.check_doc_frequency
double click on the browser.cache.check_doc_frequency line to edit it
change the value to: 1
press OK to save the change
David
sfws

Post by sfws »

Agree all your points, David. I have used about: config before to change properties as mentioned in Firefox developer announcements. I have changed it from 3 to 1 although I'm sure my problem is not cached pages.

Re Station settings etc. I have overwritten the original files (html and json by fresh copies from the download. AS I EXPECTED, no change.

Re todayyest.html: There is absolutely no point in editing this page, the entire tables are overwritten, see the post I am just about to make in the "Cumuus MX Interface Customisation" sub-forum.
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

sfws wrote: Sun 22 Mar 2020 11:08 pm Does anyone have a definitive list of which files should be in a MX installation? That would let me check mapantz's suggestion of me missing a critical file.
This should be the right list. It was created with

Code: Select all

Dir /s > MxFiles.txt
Run from the command prompt from within the latest 3070 distribution.

Phil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

The same for Linux is:

Code: Select all

find . -type f | xargs ls -l > MxFiles.txt
Freddie
sfws

Post by sfws »

Phil23 wrote: Mon 23 Mar 2020 7:56 pm This should be the right list
Thank you, I have downloaded that list.

Since my earlier posts, I too have installed 3070 distribution, and with that (as a fresh install in a new folder) I am seeing ALL the settings pages correctly. So I have not actually needed to use the list.