Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX says getting CR/LF codes instead of ACK

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
TheBridge
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows 10

MX says getting CR/LF codes instead of ACK

Post by TheBridge »

I have Cumulus 1 running like a watch For years now with Davis VP/envoy datalogger.
I made a separate install to try Cumulus MX and copied over 'Cumulus.ini' file (making necessary directory name changes) and current data....No Go!
MX debug log excellent ( but now mysterious) detail of getting 0xA,0xD (CR/LF) instead of 0x06 (ACK) when getting update data from Davis datalogger. I spoke to Davis tech and they said there is no way to change (or have caused it to change) the Envoy datalogger....yet this all works under Cumulus 1 as noted.

Hmmm??? Ideas please. Meanwhile Cum-1 is running fine while we figure this out.

- the bigger the problem, the simpler the solution tends to be.
- Bridge
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: MX says getting CR/LF codes instead of ACK

Post by freddie »

Okay, let's start with the simple, then. Are you using the same com port for MX as you are for Cu 1? Do you have any other serial devices fitted to your Cumulus computer? Most importantly, are you shutting down Cu 1 when running MX?

This must be a local problem as there are many users with your setup that are using MX successfully.
Freddie
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

Freddie, Thank you for the questions.
1. The PC used to host the weather station is dedicated for this single purpose. It is at home at not on a business network. It has only the serial connection for the Davis weatherlogger and Ethernet for internet (for FTP).

2. Cumulus (1 and MX) are the only applications this PC runs.

3. I only ever have either Cumulus-1 app OR Cumulus-MX running at one time. I shut the Cumulus that is ruing for running the alternate Cumulus. I have tried shutting down between switching versions just to clear the PC’s head but same result.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Okay, sounds like you aren't getting any conflicts with other stuff using ports.

Have you tried starting up MX with no Cumulus.ini file in place? If you try this and put in your details manually (just the bare minimum) through http://localhost:8998/ then set your port manually on the settings page and switch on debug: does MX manage to contact the station and get the appropriate ACK response?
Freddie
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

Did what you suggested.
Seems to be communicating ok now however not updating the steelgauges correctly. Plus the hover charts do not update beyond the moment I startup MX.
I do not have any external files uploads to the website as I had with Cumulus 1 (which again works flawlessly while I try a get MX squared away). I have MX using its built in support for steelgauges. Possible I have overlooked uploading some new MX file/s to the web page server?
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

Hi Freddie,

The data seems to be ok now. Using MX's realtimegauges (i.e. NOT using the FTP file xfer of realtimegauges and gauges-ss of Cumulua 1)
We'll see if it goes ok overnight.
BUT the time graphs you get when you hover of the steelgauges gauges are not advancing. Is there a specific setting to get them going?