Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX Announcements and Download - PLEASE READ FIRST

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus MX Announcements and Download - PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by steve »

I've uploaded build 3042 (reminder: it's an attachment in the first post this thread) which has the following enhancements and fixes:
  • A Cumulus.ini setting to turn off the 'extra' decimal place in pressure values on Davis stations. To limit the pressure to 1 decimal for mb/hPa and 2 for inHg, add the following to the [Station] section of Cumulus.ini:

DavisIncrementPressureDP=0
  • MX now automatically processes and uploads the realtimegauges.txt file, so you don't need to add it as an extra file. Can be turned off in the internet settings.
  • Extra diagnostics when Davis archive reading thread terminates abnormally
  • Implemented "TempMult2" second order caibration setting, as in Cumulus 1.9.4 (set via Cumulus.ini only)
  • Implemented forcing of more frequent barometer updates on Davis stations (set via Cumulus.ini only - ForceVPBarUpdate=1 in [Station] section). Note that this is only useful on very old versions of the console firmware.
  • Sunshine hours incremented correctly using Davis archive data
  • Improve Heat Index calculation (added "Rothfusz adjustments")
  • Probably other changes which I've missed
Please note that I am unable to do as much testing myself as I have done previously. Apologies in advance for any problems, please report any issues in the forum.

Files changed since build 3041:

CumulusMX.exe
CumulusMX.pdb
interface/json/InternetOptions.json
interface/json/InternetSchema.json

Note: the zip file has an extra CumulusMXDist3042 subfolder in it, which is unintentional. If upgrading, make sure you copy the contents of that CumulusMXDist3042 folder into your installation, don't create an extra subfolder under your existing installation.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus MX Announcements and Download - PLEASE READ FIRST

Post by steve »

I've uploaded build 3043 (reminder: it's an attachment in the first post this thread) which fixes a problem introduced in build 3042. The new code to automatically process and upload the realtimegauges.txt file interfered with the processing of other files, causing 'web tag error' messages in the diags file, and the failure to process the file.

Files changed since build 3042:

CumulusMX.exe
CumulusMX.pdb
Steve