Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Migrating from PC to MacBook Air

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

phsutton
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vu
Operating System: Mac OS Catalina

Migrating from PC to MacBook Air

Post by phsutton »

I have been an occasional but happy user of Cumulus on a PC Laptop with a Davis Vantage Vu. I am now migrating to a MacBook Air running the latest Mac Catalina OS. I cannot work out how to install Cumulus on the Mac (what seemed to be a multi-platform download link, is rejected by the Mac as being a Windows program). Help please! I am not a computer whizz so I would probably need to be told what is obvious to others.

Also, assuming I can get the program running, is it possible to move the PC history files to the Mac, to get a seamless record on the new machine?

Thanks.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Migrating from PC to MacBook Air

Post by water01 »

I am not sure what link you are talking about but if it is a link to Cumulus 1 that is a Windows program only.

However Cumulus MX should run on a Mac Air and if you search the forum there are various topics on how to install it.
David
phsutton

Post by phsutton »

David,

Thanks. It is the latest release of Cumulus MX I am talking about. I start with the link for Cumulus MX on the download page and that gets me nowhere. None of the files in the download look as if they are Mac related. Although you say there are topics on the forum that will help, frankly I can't find search terms that get me to them and they are lost in a mass of other stuff.

Regards
Philip
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You just need the CumulusMXDist zip file - CumulusMX.exe is the executable for all platforms.

On the Mac you will need to install Mono to run Cumulus (https://www.mono-project.com/docs/getti ... stall/mac/)

Then the command line to run Cumulus is...
> sudo mono CumulusMX.exe

And that is all I know about MacOS! I have never run it myself.
phsutton

Post by phsutton »

Mark,

Thank you for your kind efforts on my behalf. However, this looks like a bridge too far for me. I went through the stages you suggested to find Sudo called for a password (other than my computer's). I think I'm going to look for an app that has a one click native Mac installer and in the meantime stay with my laptop PC just for Cumulus.After all my notion for the Mac was to simplify and speed up my computing! Many thanks anyway.

Regards Philip