Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Missing Data - trouble getting from Davis Vue

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

glennpm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by glennpm »

I've been trying to download missing archive data from my DavisVue into CumulusMX.
I followed the instructions in the Wiki and replaced my files in "data" with an old archive I had from Jan 21, 2020 but the data was not loaded. https://cumuluswiki.org/a/FAQ#On_restar ... t_last_ran

"On restarting Cumulus, it did not successfully read all data from when it last ran

Assuming you use the type of weather station that does have an internal memory that retains observations that have already been read by your computer (and assuming that you have not left Cumulus off for so long that some of the days you want are no longer there)...

Use the 'rewind feature' of Cumulus. Look in the backup folder for the backup which Cumulus took when it first started up today. Stop Cumulus, copy all of the files from that backup folder into the data folder (overwriting the files which are there) - this restores Cumulus to the state it was in before you ran it today. Make sure nothing else on the computer is running that might affect either your station or Cumulus log files. You can look in "today.ini" to see the date and time that you will rewind back to. Start Cumulus and it should then download the data (from the date and time in the "today.ini"), to get up to date. (Ignore remaining paragraphs if this has worked)."

I tried the other steps as well unsuccessfully."

This morning I tried the same wiki method with Cumulus, changing the date stamp after getting an error in Cumulus for the today.ini file and all the missing data was downloaded and saved to Cumulus/data. I then copied the files that were updated to CumulusMX, over writing the files there and all is good now.

Is there an explanation for this please?

Glenn
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Missing Data - trouble getting from Davis Vue

Post by mcrossley »

You need to zip up the MXdiags folder and post it with details of what you did, when. Then we can take a look at what happened.
glennpm

Post by glennpm »

Attached is the relevant diag file along with the whole directory. As far as what I did, please see my post above.

Thanks,
Glenn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Most of the time the logger is not responding at all when it is asked for archive records.

In general the communication seems very unreliable, it doesn't send loop data reliably at all.

Do you not have a wind sensor? The wind readings are all zero.

I'd try a full power reset of the console and reseat the IP logger.

I'd also recommend that you upgrade Cumulus to the latest version - there have been improvements to the handling of IP loggers since the version you have.
glennpm

Post by glennpm »

Thanks Mark!

I updated my CumulusMX, Over wrote my data from a January archive; and all was downloaded correctly it seems. I attached the latest diag if interested.

I appreciated your help with this!

Glenn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
glennpm

Post by glennpm »

Hi,

I loaded a backup from a couple of days ago and archive download seemed to work well. Wind is recording properly to. This is the latest. I believe I'm set now.

Thanks
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Great, hopefully you will find it more reliable now.