Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Custom Http Call

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Custom Http Call

Post by water01 »

I saw this included "at rollover" and didn't read the following bit properly, and just assumed that I could FTP a file "At End of Day" and then use the at Rollover function to run the Import process to my database.

Did NOT notice those words saying "just before"!! Any chance of there being a "5 mins after option"?
David
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Custom Http Call

Post by beteljuice »

Just before is "end of day" isn't it ?
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

A free to define nr of minutes after rollover would be nice. Not only for custom http but also for run of external program..
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

David, would using the Minutes interval be feasible? i.e. 1440 set at 00:05
I haven't tried it and not sure what the maximum minutes, or seconds, are.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

PaulMy wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020 5:09 pm David, would using the Minutes interval be feasible? i.e. 1440 set at 00:05
I haven't tried it and not sure what the maximum minutes, or seconds, are.

Enjoy,
Paul
I'm not sure it works like that.

You could manage it once by putting in 1441 and hitting save right at the stroke of midnight, but it'll not work again if CMX has to be restarted. :lol:
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Be aware that the extra files are processed (and copied) during the day reset, but will not be FTP'd until the next FTP interval, which is asynchronous to the day reset.

The best way of doing stuff like this is to take control of it yourself...

The "external program" is called at the end of day reset processing (but before the end of day extra files processing - hmm, maybe that should change). I'd use that to call a script to do whatever you want, that could include a 5/10 minute delay at the start if you wish.

For instance I use it to run a database export and then backup the Cumulus data files, the dB export, and my web site to an external server.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:58 pm The "external program" is called at the end of day reset processing (but before the end of day extra files processing - hmm, maybe that should change). I'd use that to call a script to do whatever you want, that could include a 5/10 minute delay at the start if you wish.
Not sure if the reversal of the "external program" and the "end of day extra files processing" would be a good idea. If the external program creates a file which should be processed, reversal would mean the processing would only take place a whole cycle later. That's probably not intended by the user.

NOTE: that is already taking place at the 'FTP' cycle (the NOT daily and NOT realtime cycle). The uploaded processed file is produced one cycle before.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

HansR wrote: Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:12 pm Not sure if the reversal of the "external program" and the "end of day extra files processing" would be a good idea. If the external program creates a file which should be processed, reversal would mean the processing would only take place a whole cycle later. That's probably not intended by the user.
Agreed, there are use cases for having it either way around. But it's been that way round forever, so it stays that way.