Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Adding previous rainfall

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Thunnus
Weather Station: Panatech
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Adding previous rainfall

Post by Thunnus »

Have just installed CumulusMX and all up and running, But i would like to add information for the this month up till today, can someone advise as to what entries in which .ini file (i assume in the data folder) i need to change for Monthly rainfall up until last night , max daily rainfall for the same period.

Have tried the obvious, but numbers i've typed in don't seem to correspond to what is displayed when i start CumulusMX

Would love some information on what entries are what in the .ini files, and how they interact

Regards
Thunnus
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Adding previous rainfall

Post by sfws »

Although the FAQ in the Wiki was written for Cumulus 1, the .ini files are basicaly same in MX (there are some differences in how times are stored), so see
https://cumuluswiki.org/a/FAQ#Where_doe ... ls_from.3F
The only way to add rainfall for earlier in first month is to put all the earlier rainfall in on the first day (dayfile.txt) created for that month and to ensure that is not picked up by extreme files (Alltime.ini, Monthlyalltime.ini, month.ini, and year.ini). They should not be affected by a retrospective change to dayfile.txt.
Thunnus wrote: Tue 11 Feb 2020 4:20 am Would love some information on what entries are what in the .ini files, and how they interact
All the information about .ini files is also in the Wiki, see https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Category:Log_Files
Thunnus
Weather Station: Panatech
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Re: Adding previous rainfall

Post by Thunnus »

Thanks fo r that. Is not a simple process to add rainfall i see, Might have to re-think the software component.

Thanks
Thunnus