Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus stops working Window 10

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Cumulus stops working Window 10

Post by PaulMy »

How can I get to the graphical interface and setup pages with this error?
Enter localhost:8998 in a browser or your PC_IP_address:8998 to get to the dashboard and setting tabs

Enter/verify the station settings and Internet settings, save and then the Cumulus.ini will be updated. You may need to stop and restart CumulusMX for some initial settings to be effective.

The \CumulusMX\MXdiags file may give you some more info.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

DaveD
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro-2
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by DaveD »

Woohoo! A browser-based interface! That works, and it looks good too. :P Now I'll see whether it is as solid and trouble-free as C1 (was).
Thank you.
Dave Dalton
Davis Vantage Pro-2, additional Vantage Vue console, WU PWS KVAOILVI2
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

As it says on the screen, connect a browser on the same machine to http://localhost:8998 or from the remote machine to http://<ip_address_of_your_namchine>:8998

That will give you the admin interface.

Edit: Oops, I missed the messages above - they were on the next page!
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

It's a beautiful interface. But...
After the initial catch-up loading the WU archives it no longer updates Wunderground. After the last "WU Response: OK OK" and "End of WU archive upload", the log tells me "!!! loop data not received, bytes received = 0" and Wunderground remains static at the last archive update until I close it and restart C1. I did some looking in the forum but found nothing; actually, searching on this message string results in a black screen and the message "This page isn’t working. cumulus.hosiene.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"
The browser graphics continue updating and showing the latest data time. So it appears to be a problem between CMX and Wunderground.
I suppose I could eventually find the problem, but you have been so helpful so far...
Dave Dalton
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Can you zip up and attach the MXdiags folder please. Also next time you run MX can you first edit the Cumulus.ini file and set "logging=1". That will give me more information to work with when you are having issues.
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

Mark, here it is! FTPlogging=1 on the last log and zipped .
But it looks like you want the folder. Sorry. Here goes.
I try again below.
Last edited by DaveD on Thu 09 Jan 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Dalton
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry, but the log does not have "logging=1" set (not FTPlogging=1 - you may have to add the entry), so there is no additional info in it. But it does not show any issues.

Can you send my your Cumulus.ini file - please obfuscate ALL usernames and passwords in it, there are a few ;)
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

Mark, there may not be a problem with CMX. The problem appears to be with WU. The attached log reflects this morning's activities:
I turned on logging and started up CMX for the second time this morning at 8:22 AM.
08:24:15.341 CMX sent in a single archive record, normal because I had run CMX a few minutes earlier.
08:24:18.993 Three seconds later CMX logged the first of two of the "!!! loop data not received, bytes received = 0" messages in the diag file.
08:24:39.828 The second of these messages.
Whenever I refreshed the WU display after CMX startup it always showed a green dot at the top with "Online(updated nn seconds ago)" next to it. Every refresh would give a different number, but none of more than a few seconds.
But WU was not for a time updating the data table and chart on a regular basis, normally every five minutes.
At 08:39 I refreshed WU and it displayed the update of 8:24.
At 08:55 I refreshed WU and it displayed the update of 8:39.
At 09:00 I had to leave the house for a bit over an an hour.
When I returned WU had updated its graph data to exactly every five minutes, as is normal, from before I started CMX until I closed it, including the times earlier (noted above) when it was leaving gaps in the data. Since I wasn't monitoring WU I don't know when it finally synchronized the data properly.

On the previous CMX runs yesterday I had waited five, 10, and 17 minutes before deciding that WU wasn't being updated and shutting down CMX.
So this looks like a false alarm and the problem is WU taking some time to synchronize the five minutes updates after CMX startup.
Do you have anything to offer on that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Dalton
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

No sorry, I have given up on WU, there have been too many issues with it for me to persist giving my data to IBM to use for their commercial gain.
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

Mark (and all), thanks for all the effort. Cumulus MX is a nice looking app. The visuals alone are worth the price of admission!
I have no reason to believe that I should not now replace the old C1 with MX. In any case I will leave it running; next thing is to look through the various Wikis and learn what I can (and can't) do. Not bad for some "cobbled together Frankenstein code", to paraphrase a statement I read somewhere!
Dave Dalton
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Glad you got it working Dave - it's the future! :lol: