Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Critical Update Davis WeatherLinkIP

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
zerog
Weather Station: Davies Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04

Critical Update Davis WeatherLinkIP

Post by zerog »

Hi everyone,

since this is my first post I'd like to start thanking everyone involved in development for creating such a fine piece of weather software. I really enjoy using it.

Today, I received a notification informing me about a critical firmware update for Davis WeatherLinkIP:
CRITICAL UPDATE: Important firmware update for WeatherLinkIP
Who needs this update?
Everyone using a WeatherLinkIP datalogger (p/n 6555) with their Davis weather station.
Details:
Your WeatherLinkIP datalogger has a critical bug that will prevent it from keeping its time properly synched with Davis servers and cause it to stop uploading historical archive records. You may have noticed that when downloading archive records into your PC software or looking at archive records on weatherlink.com that they are not entirely up to date. This firmware patch will fix that and ensure your weather station clock stays accurate and in synch.
Installation instructions:
• Download the "WLIP_Updater_155.exe" firmware update from HERE.
• Run WLIP_Updater_155.exe.
• Click Find until your IP dataloggers DID is displayed.
• Click <Start> and wait for it to completely update the firmware in your WeatherLinkIP datalogger.
• Once the firmware is complete you should stop and wait for your archive records to catchup and be completely up to date. This may take up to 60 minutes.
If you have any problems, please contact
Davis Instruments Technical Support
M-F 7:00a to 5:30p Pacific time
510-732-7814 support@davisinstruments.com
The update file can be found at the Davis support pages: https://www.davisinstruments.com/resour ... onitoring/

My question now is: Has anyone expierenced any issues using WeatherLink and CMX after the update? My record of consistent weather data is rather long and I don't want to break a working system.

Thanks a lot,
Chris
hvd51
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Weatherlink IP
Operating System: Pi 4 / Linux 6.1.21-v8+ aarch64

Re: Critical Update Davis WeatherLinkIP

Post by hvd51 »

zerog wrote: Wed 08 Jan 2020 10:27 am
My question now is: Has anyone expierenced any issues using WeatherLink and CMX after the update? My record of consistent weather data is rather long and I don't want to break a working system.

Thanks a lot,
Chris
the update has no effect on the functioning of CMX.

Greetings Harm
zerog
Weather Station: Davies Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04

Re: Critical Update Davis WeatherLinkIP

Post by zerog »

Hello Harm,

Sorry for the late reply, been a little busy. I just updated with out any problems, thanks for your answer.

Chris