Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Strange problems with data update

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

boky12
Weather Station: WS2300/2350
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Strange problems with data update

Post by boky12 »

Hi,

I have some strange problems with few last update Cumulus MX and weather station WS2300/2350 over USB serial port, after program start running or after some time cumulus stops receiving temperature [data just freeze but only temperature] sometimes works normal, and for while internet update some time stops.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 on mini pc. What to do with this problem?

Thanks on help
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Strange problems with data update

Post by mcrossley »

Switch on debug and data logging, let Cumulus run for a while, then zip up your MXdiags folder and attach it here. You can then switch the logging off again.

The Fine Offset code hasn't changed for some time though - I suspect your console is going to need a reset, but lets see...
boky12

Post by boky12 »

Its LaCrosse WS2300/2350, debug and data logging in attachment,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

At what time in that last log did it stop updating?
boky12

Post by boky12 »

After probably 5 - 10 minute after mx start, I notice that only outdoor temp just stop updating, in log file normaly log data but with stuck temp, I try downgrade from 3062 to 3056 but same problem, before I didnt have this problem it started few days ago, when I use original factory program every thing ok, now
temporary I use Cumulus 1
boky12

Post by boky12 »

Did you find something in log data? What does mean precise this in data log "ReadSerial error The operation has timed out." - Seams strange, in cumulus 1 works ok, I will try with fresh install MX

[problem with out temp is still the same, only that dont work, even with fresh install MX)
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I cannot see any problems, MX continues to recieve temp/hum packets - it appears you have two temperature sensors, ch0 and ch1

I've never looked at the Lacrosse code before, so I'm trying to get my head around how it works!....
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Ah! Hang on, you say you have a Lacrosse 2300, but you have the station type set to Oregon Scientific WMR100?

No wonder the 2300 code wasn't tying up with the logged messages
boky12

Post by boky12 »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 03 Jan 2020 4:13 pm I cannot see any problems, MX continues to recieve temp/hum packets - it appears you have two temperature sensors, ch0 and ch1

I've never looked at the Lacrosse code before, so I'm trying to get my head around how it works!....
I didnt set any additional temp sensors, about Lacrosse code here is something described....https://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view ... /OpenWSAPI
but what is strange when I run Cumulus 1 last version 1099, data update normal with no problem
mcrossley wrote: Fri 03 Jan 2020 4:19 pm Ah! Hang on, you say you have a Lacrosse 2300, but you have the station type set to Oregon Scientific WMR100?

No wonder the 2300 code wasn't tying up with the logged messages
no I set WS2300 here is my cumulus.ini file of MX, strange is that I used mx about 1-2 months relative normal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

OK, I cannot see anything going wrong - but the logs do not have a lot of information in them, I've added some more for the next build.

Everything seems to be running OK, the values coming in for the outdoor temperature all the way through the last log file are valid. So I'm at a bit of a loss now. I do not have a WS2300 to test the code against, but as far as I can see it is running OK.

The serial comms are unreliable, but from what I have read that is normal for these stations,
boky12

Post by boky12 »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 06 Jan 2020 3:20 pm OK, I cannot see anything going wrong - but the logs do not have a lot of information in them, I've added some more for the next build.

Everything seems to be running OK, the values coming in for the outdoor temperature all the way through the last log file are valid. So I'm at a bit of a loss now. I do not have a WS2300 to test the code against, but as far as I can see it is running OK.

The serial comms are unreliable, but from what I have read that is normal for these stations,
Its just strange, when I run Cumulus 1, incoming data no problem, in MX temp just stuck and don't move

I know that serial can be tricky, thank you on additional info in debug, in new log seams ok, just strange thing with temp

thanks on help