Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upgrading from 3043 to 3062

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

senapsys
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: CentOS

Upgrading from 3043 to 3062

Post by senapsys »

Hi there

I’ve been running CumulusMX 3.0.0 Build 3043 for a while now which was the last release before Steve retired. I’m looking to upgrade my version of CumulusMX to the latest version which is 3.2.6 build 3062.

Looking through the update file there are a bunch of files that have been progressively updated between these 2 releases, as well as some new files and as best I can tell 1 file that has been removed.

I’m assuming that to do the upgrade I simply copy the new files across from the 3062 zip file and identify the one that has been removed and delete it.

Obviously I’ll do a full backup before I do the upgrade, but given that I’m jumping a number of builds I thought I’d check to see if there was anything I should be aware of or if there is an alternative method/approach I should be taking?

Thanks in advance :-)

Richard
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Upgrading from 3043 to 3062

Post by mcrossley »

Sounds good to me. Unless you use and have modified the standard web template files, or the admin interface, there is nothing in the zip that will affect your data.

Edit: An alternative approach, is to rename your existing install folder, extract b3062, and then *copy* all the data files and Cumulus.ini from your old folder to the new folder.