Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

What data to transfer to new microSD card?

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

What data to transfer to new microSD card?

Post by malkie »

I have been running CumulusMX on a Pi2 since the early days, but haven’t updated for ages, so I’m still running version 038 on a card running Raspbian Wheezy.

Following the help thread on here (thanks v much) I have loaded up a new card with ‘buster’, installed mono and have it booting to a command line so I can log in, all looks good so far.

I have loaded the newest version of MX from this weekend and I’m almost ready to Swap cards over on the original Pi. Which config and data files do I need from the old MX installation?
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: What data to transfer to new microSD card?

Post by HansR »

Assuming you did not do anything special over the past years, the data directory, the Reports directory and the Cumulus.ini file should suffice.
You might want to check the web and webfiles if you use special things.
(shutdown Cumulus, move the files, insert new card, startup again... that should do it I guess).

Don't throw away the old card until you are sure it all runs according to plan ;)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Re: What data to transfer to new microSD card?

Post by malkie »

Thanks HansR, I don't think I have any edits on the web pages but I will naturally save the old card and the backups from it.
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.